rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Player rumours
Jim H (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 20:00
TRP (fissler) is suggesting that Cameron Orr, Joe Batley, and Dan Thomas may all be on their way to Bristol.

Re: Player rumours
Channel2 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 21:09
Quote:
Jim H
TRP (fissler) is suggesting that Cameron Orr, Joe Batley, and Dan Thomas may all be on their way to Bristol.

Odd.

Toughrucker78 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 21:24
Alby Matthewson to be confirmed tomorrow and in the squad for the weekend.

groovybaz (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 22:34
Harsh on the other scrum halfs if true, also raiding Gloucester for 3 players does seem odd.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 22:37
It's not harsh. 9 and 10 is still an area where we are weak.

It's like saying bringing in woodward was harsh on our previous 15.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 23:47
There's no such thing as "harsh" in our situation. I fully expect the war chest to be unleashed where any opportunity arises.

09 January, 2017 08:01
Replacing players with people remotely the quality of Woodward will be far from harsh but a massive upgrade. Tainton may have done well but it is no coincidence our best three prem performances have bin mom type performances from Woodward he s the biggest one difference so bring on more quality

youngone (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 08:27
SH is an area that needs strengthening too. Im still not 100% who is our starting 9 and i think that's more due to all of them having iffy games as opposed to all of them playing outstanding. hopefully an experienced 9 of quality is just what we need in terms of game management and keeping an air of calm in the team as i feel there are going to be a few close encounters coming up where we need to keep our cool near the end.

Regarding the three players mentioned above (none of which i know or recognise), theres little information online but am i right in thinking Orr is a young aussie prop, Thomas is a young welsh flanker and Batley is a young english back row/2nd row? I agree we need strengthening in the front row but surely if Orr was any good he wouldnt be getting released mid season? i also think when we have joyce a young up and coming 2nd row is not our priority... and in terms of back row its our one position where we have a glut imo: NFW, Eadie, Robinson, Crane, Fisher, Lam and Phillips to name a few. I was quite excited when i saw this that one of them might be a winger but hey ho!

expectingrain (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 08:59
Martin Roberts is our best Scrum Half by a country mile

youngone (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 09:11
i know hes held in high regard but i simply haven't seen enough of him this season.. and having not seen anything from him last season I'm not qualified to comment on him as a player, hes young though isn't he? i was going to say he'll be a good player to nurture and develop for a few years time by the sounds of it but once he becomes as good as he can be he'll get signed away to a central contract with WRU probably!

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 09:13
Alby Mathewson is on his way t'would appear...

Bristol Post Linky

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

youngone (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 09:18
interesting that there's no mention of whether it is permanent or temporary.. also mentions that piatau is available after this weekend so im guessing hes in contention for the cardiff ospreys and exeter games

the positives keep on coming!

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 10:26
Quote:
centenary stand jim
Replacing players with people remotely the quality of Woodward will be far from harsh but a massive upgrade. Tainton may have done well but it is no coincidence our best three prem performances have bin mom type performances from Woodward he s the biggest one difference so bring on more quality
So Woodward is responsible for Palamo and Varndell's recent form and the massive change in defensive positioning

Graham_U (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 11:21
I know next to nothing of Alby Mathewson, and some of the reports were less than outstanding. If he has the same impact on the team as Woody then great, but I've seen a lot of NZ SH who have struggled over here, and IMHO SH is an area where we are well served with 2 internationals, an experienced Prem SH and a very good youngster, 2 of whom are still young enough for the future, and Roberts when fit has showed the best SH skills I've seen in most of my time.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 11:34
Have I missed or forgotten something - what's happened to Tonga'hui?

youngone (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 11:57
think hes just out of favour, dont remember hearing about him being injured

ba3bris (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 12:16
Tonga'uiha pulled out of the Pau home game in the warm up and hasn't been seen or mentioned since.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 12:34
Probably one of our worst signings. No where near Prem Class

09 January, 2017 13:22
Yes ... I would say without doubt Woodward T full back has had a massive difference in our defense , kick chase return and without doubt varndell s form. Rather than getting next to no service varndell is suddenly getting quality ball off Woodward going forward to attack with. Not saying other developments haven't improved things as well but I put varndell a form down to the fact he s finally being igiven more quality service.. From Woodward

M9sbh (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 13:43
Great to see that come mid Feb we could have Mathewson, Pisi, Amesbury, Hurrell, Piutau, varndell, Woodward backline.
With Searle, cliff, Gav, sheedy, Lemi, Palermo, gerraty as back up.
We are staying up!!!! Cmon Bris! 🔵⚪️

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net