rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will Hurrell
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 09:54
Nice piece on the big ginger brute in the Rugby Paper.

TRP

Certainly one of our most consistent top performers that's for sure.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Re: Will Hurrell
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:10
Shows what Gav offers even when he's out injured also.

We have a real team coming together and we need to do our best to keep building.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:12
Great to hear that Gavin is such a positive influence even when injured.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 11:16
Seems as good a place as any to post this - One (more) thing which gives me great confidence at the moment is that we are getting better each game. Now OK that to some extent might seem obvious but I feel we are improving in a significant way which more established squads (with established coaching set-ups) are not. Understandable reasons for this but it does mean that the more time we train and play together under the new/revised/tinkered coaching ethos and with our new players and newly made confident players the better we will become.

Hearing what the Saints players had to say about things, that performance was even more impressive than the two Prem wins. We all know how good that Saints team are on paper and it seems they played much closer to that than they have of late. Yet if Picamoles was not on the pitch then ......... We were also the team with the far greater attacking threat from the backs, with Jarvis playing flatter etc etc

AGS (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 11:34
What with all the rumours of Nonu earlier in the season, and having seen him play a few times for Toulon, I have to say that I think Hurrell is by far the better performer at the moment and getting better all the time. Glad that rumour didn't come true

BS21 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:41
The guys a star. Great to watch and a real team player.

It would be good to see Gavin playing again soon.

youngone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:59
I genuinely feel as though Hensons time is up - or nearly up. I don't mean he no longer has the necessary skills but these now regular lengthy layoffs from injury must leave him in a slightly weakened state and therefore more susceptible to future injuries? Combined with the fact hes advancing in age and playing in a position where less pace or willingness to put your body on the line can be exploited by the oppsition. I have a lot of time for him and what hes done for the team, and as a young supporter i can say without doubt he is the most skillful player ive ever seen in a bristol shirt, the guy oozes class whenever the ball is in his hand.

When he sustained his most recent injury i fully thought it would go the same way as Peel and Jones with an unexpected retirement taking place and him slotting in somewhere behind the scenes.

With those words from Hurrell he seems like a character worth having around our squad, whether in a playing or a coaching capacity

MarkJ (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:07
I dont think Gavin will go on past the end of the season but, given he is scheduled to return to fitness in February, who would write him off playing a key role in keeping us up. Gavin would love Tainton's style of play and would set the back line on fire. A midfield of Henson, Piutau and Pisi would put the fear of God into most defences, Hurrell as he says himself used to be a winger until last season so perhaps that is where he will end up for us ? Whatever Gavin's future you never hear anything but good about him these days from coaches and fellow players, a marked contrast from his chequered past. Credit to him for turning his life around. I hope we see him again in the not too distant future.

keynsham1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:35
Nonu has signed for next season, 1 million if we stay up. I don't really think we should bother with him but maybe he's role off the field will help like Henson as well.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:39
You'll excuse me if don't believe that Keynsham1

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:06
Here we go again then!!

youngone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:19
would £1,000,000 be a rugby union record transfer fee? surely if we were going to spend ridiculous money it would be on a top current international not one from the past

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:45
it wouldn't be a transfer fee, it would be his salary.

Don't think it would be a record, as Carter and Goromaru are both reportedly on salaries of £1.4m (or Goromaru was until he left Queensland mid-season)

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:25
Va'aiga Tuigamala was the first £1m transfer fee from Wigan to Newcastle back in 1996. This was in the days when everyone was expecting John Hall to buy just about every top player in the world!

I think its fair to say that transfer was an exception and on the whole, clubs still wait until contracts are due for renewal before players are available to move to new clubs.

Coppernob (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 20:30
Glad to see the colour of his hair, like Tovey, is of utmost importance again!

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:19
I'm surprised he has spent most of his career on the wing as he doesn't seem to have winger's pace, although as he proved in the play-offs he can sure pick a line of running, and certainly has the power to make line breaks. Just hope Gav can work with him on his distribution so we can make more of some of those barnstorming runs.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

airdog (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:28
would be daft to play him anywhere other than centre , also would be daft to risk him in these up coming cup games

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:42
Judging by what Tom varndal said on rugby tonight yesterday people won't be arrested for all of these games and I expect we will see most of them have a couple of games provided they are fully fit. He stressed how important it was to keep the momentum going and the last thing they will want I'm sure is four weeks off not playing but the reality is that maybe we won't see players like Hurrell, Woodward (head issue aside) until the LV matches

youngone (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:59
in champions cup teams get penalised for fielding weakened sides don't they? does the same apply for the challenge cup?

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:18
Taints said on the Scrum they would be trying new combinations and giving other a chance to stake a claim so we can expect a lot of mix and match in some matches.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 11:55 by Graham_U.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net