rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Marler
Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 11:35
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Can we please send him a Get Well card from all our players and fans?

Poetic Justice!

Re: Marler
thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 11:46
Gavin will have sent him a signed photo in his full orange finery

Wot a plonker (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:04
So now we're celebrating other players broken legs are we? Well that's just great. Cidered Abroad, you are an idiot.
Marler's tackle on big Gav was marginal but deemed legal. Personally, I think he comes across as a hard but good bloke and I wish him a speedy recovery to get him back in the England team.

bris'd as a fart (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:37
Agreed, celebrating or making fun of a player breaking his leg is a dick move

hooter (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:43
Hey what goes around comes around.

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:48
Quote:
hooter
Hey what goes around comes around.

What a ridiculous comment. What has gone around? Ok it was a marginally late tackle on Gav, and I for one wish he hadn't have done it, but far more impartial people than myself deemed that it was fair. It's shocking to take happiness in another injury. I for one hope Marler is back fit and playing soon.

11 January, 2017 12:51
Nobody is celebrating anything. They are just being ironic.

No.7 Bris (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:53
I'm with you Plonker and bris'd,

Gloating over a player breaking his leg is quite frankly disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not what goes around either... You'd be happy with other teams wishing ill of Pisi because he was playing to the limit of the laws?
Honestly,my faith in rugby values is still strong but I fear that it is rotting away and comments like those only feed into it. Very sad indeed.
If I was moderating this site I would be having serious word about your conduct because whether your small brains can comprehend it or not, this forum represents our club..
F****** idiots.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:21
+1

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:43
Never heard of irony? I will never celebrate anybody suffering injury whether serious or minor. I grew up with gentlemen players in John Atyeo, Geoff Bradford, John Blake and Jack Gregory and underhand tactics are not liked by me. If my teams started using the cynical underhand tactics that some clubs, both rugby and football, have in abundance,I'd stop watching.

But go read the BBC report and see if you read into it the same as I did. My take on it was that it's "sad" for him, Marler and England that he will not be available for England? Don't remember BBC saying the same about Gav's injury which was not accidental.

Those who live by the sword often die by the sword. That is the irony. If I've offended, please accept my apology.

No.7 Brs (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:25
I have indeed heard of irony,

"Those who live by the sword often die by the sword. That is the irony"

So you're saying the irony is that; Marler intentionally tried to injure Henson but has ended up being injured himself?

If you were being ironic, why would you add "poetic justice" to the end of your post. Wheres the irony in that?

TBH, The post you made, whether you meant it to be ironic or not looks bad, and others who may not be as satirically adept as yourself have chipped in with snide comments which make the club look bad. Theres just no need for it.

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:45
Why would the BBC report on Henson's injury keeping him out of the Welsh squad when he hasn't played for them for years? You're just backtracking now and looking for justification in the childish original post. I don't think it's very becoming of a rugby fan.

Vorny1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:03
no one celebrates another players misfortune but the comment about Gav made me laugh Thorpebay (Sm6)

11 January, 2017 15:24
thanks. it was meant as a little but of ironic fun and in no way gloating.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:41
I wish him a speedy recovery.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 01:46 by Rinkadink.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 17:41
I doubt many would complain if Marler was playing for us rather than Quins, he is still one of the best LHs in the league with a bit of edge who lost it last season, but Gav's injury was more or less an accident. Hawkins has done worst this season than Marler, but he consider the new Ronnie/hero.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Ruck'n'Roll (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:23
Quote:
thorpebayexile
Nobody is celebrating anything. They are just being ironic.
Would be interesting to see front runner for his 6 nation's spot, genge or maybe even Val R from wuss, which might be helpful for wuss smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net