rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Tongahuia
11 January, 2017 17:48
De registered from Euro squad and tray nor who could prob do with a rest replaces him. So is Tonga injured (don't remember reading about it) or completely out of the frame .. Even in Euro under taints?

Re: Tongahuia
at work (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 17:58
Seems odd - when he came I expected him to be a starter, or at least a big impact player.

youngone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:05
i thought it had been said somewhere that he was injured? not sure myself

what exactly is our euro squad? I'm interested in who and how many are omitted

robtheh (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:36
Quote:
youngone
i thought it had been said somewhere that he was injured? not sure myself
what exactly is our euro squad? I'm interested in who and how many are omitted

m.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/bristol_rugby.php?section=3

For mobile

youngone (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 20:14
so no amesbury, carpenter, caven, geraghty, hall, mosses, sheedy, sorenson, touhy according to that list

can only assume no sheedy due to him being injured at the time when the list was submited?

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 09:19
I wonder when that was submitted and changed as Woody is in there, but no other late signing like SG, DT or SP. I guess Charlie was out as he was on study leave, Carps, Hall and Mosses have been long term injuries. Cavern not really neat the first team, and Zorro down for a rest as an OAP?

Interesting to note that the ht/wg figures on there look a lot more realistic than those in our program.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:33
Woah. Palamo weighs in at 116kg! Phillips is only 120.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:15
I remember pointing that out how big Palamo in the prog list at the start of the season Rich, he is the best physical specimen by far, looks all muscles. Probably why he has problems turning. But can you imagine what Phillips would be like if he could get that fit!

Another thing that it seems to highlight is Nemsadze is not the big lump people thought 6ft.4in./109 kg, when I've seen him he has always looked more like a back-rower than lock. Turns out he is the same size as Koster.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

Field marshall (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 22:35
Phillips has a lot more impact in the hit though! That bloke always makes yards.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 09:30
But can you imagine what Phillips would be like if he could get that fit!

wasn't it the bedford home leg of the semi, or in the donny home leg of the final when JP went off on a cracking sprint through a gap, must've made 40 meteres before he was brought down in their 22

Peter_B (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 10:33
He certainly did in the away leg v Bedford. Lead to a try if I remember rightly.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Graham_U (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 11:11
That my point guys, get him fit and doing that for 50-80 minutes would be awesome. I have rated JP's potential since he first came through in the United, one of the best ball carries we have had in that period, but now days he doesn't do it enough. He has always looked a bit chubby and that injury at Ex really knocked his career. When he played against us for LScot he was fat, probably why we only saw glimpses of his potential at the end of last season, and I still say he is carrying too much excess. It may be too late now and playing him at lock may be the easy/lazy option which does not get the best out of him. Set him the target of getting fit to play a season at 8 with the expected work rate, and we could have a new Ben Morgan on our books.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 13:57
I agree Graham. JP unfortunately remains 'potential'.

I do wonder if he always adheres to a professional sportsman's life style.

Rich. (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 15:56
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I agree Graham. JP unfortunately remains 'potential'.
I do wonder if he always adheres to a professional sportsman's life style.

I'm sure he does! I think Robbo told him he'd be considered more as a second row this year (not that they don't need to be very mobile these days) and, in any case, he's been looking pretty good so far this season. He'll be on fire tonight

youngone (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 16:06
i would like to see crumpton, phillips, lam, R. Williams, pisi, palamo and arscott play out of their skins tonight seeing as they're the players who are on the fringe of the 1XV in tonights lineup. You'd like to think that certain players are seeing this as an opportunity to twist taints arm into playing them in the quins match, all of them except maybe arscott are in with a chance of starting the prem games too. Thats unfair on arscott really but theres no way woodward or hurrell would lose their place and theyre the two people whose shirts he'd be taking in theory.

St00 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 17:57
Quote:
youngone
Thats unfair on arscott really but theres no way woodward or hurrell would lose their place and theyre the two people whose shirts he'd be taking in theory.

Hurell's best position might well be 13 with a good distributor at 12 he can run lines off. Pisi is the obvious candidate but Arscott put in two good performances against Pau in the 12 jersey. He's back at FB for the Bath game though.

Tongahuiha might be injured or it might be as simple as Tainton prioritising mobility in the pack to suit the attack from everywhere game plan.

Professor.S (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 10:26
Ethan Waller and Kieran Brookes anyone?

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net