rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

weather
shaunp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:36
Could our game be affected by the very cold weather this week?
I was wondering if the under soil heating was up and running yet with City playing on Saturday the pitch will get a hammering this weekend.

Re: weather
Rich. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:45
Heavy rain forecast today but always above freezing and dry and sunny and above freezing tomorrow - do know worries at all

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:07
Met Office has it at +2 and dry for match time, so can not see a problem.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

dpw (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:21
Rather surprised to learn in a report in the Post which says...............
"City had undersoil heating installed when moving their Desso pitch as part of their stadium redevelopment project last summer, but the facility is not yet ready to be switched on."

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:24
Quote:
dpw
"City had undersoil heating installed when moving their Desso pitch as part of their stadium redevelopment project last summer, but the facility is not yet ready to be switched on."

Unfortunately they had the same electrician as we used put it in and if they switch on the undersoil heating the cooker won't work and the door bell chimes.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:33
Quote:
dpw

My understanding of the situation is that while all the pipework is laid under the pitch, the boiler(s) are not yet commissioned. One drawing of the South Stand plans showed a boiler room under the front terracing of S20. When I saw this, I assumed it was for the under pitch heating but it seems as if this is solely for hot water in that stand.

The probable reason for the delay is due to the "rebuild" of the changing room block between the Lansdown and Atyeo stands as I am now led to believe that the under pitch heating boiler is situated there.

I have also seen a comment that the undersoil heating is a Premier League requirement but that most clubs use it not to defrost pitches (see note below), but to keep the soil at above 6°C to ensure that the grass continues to grow in the winter months.

Note; Most postponements of football and rugby matches are now ecause of icy conditions on the approaches to a stadium rather than for a frozen pitch.

PS; Let's see if I can upset anyone with this post?

dpw (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 12:06
Thanks Cider Abroad,
So we best get there early with our shovels, then.

dpw

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 16:32
This has just been posted on OTIB from someone who works at Ashton Gate,I believe for City Supporters Club & Trust.

When the work on the inside of the Lansdown stand is finished (hopefully by the end of January) then the plant room that has the mechanisms for powering the undersoil heating (which is also in the same stand) will be switched on. All the pipe work is laid under the pitch, just the last bit of the puzzle is now being sorted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net