rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

What would you give for this?
bristolrugby.net (IP Logged)
21 February, 2017 21:00
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 13:22 by SenorJuan.

Re: What would you give for this?
Big Dave (IP Logged)
21 February, 2017 21:15
Emotions ran very, very high that day.

Felipe's interception try and Shane's drop goal will live long in the memory. In a strange way even though we were relegated the next week I have no prouder memory as a Bristol fan, and maybe as a Bristolian, than that day.

We had been completely written off by seemingly the whole world and we were campaigning against the proposed merger too. I suppose many of us will remember the leaflets being handed out that day? A non playing member of the squad took one from me and told me not to worry, the team had seen a copy and they were well aware of what we were feeling - and were using that as motivation for the match.

Great club, great day. If you get a chance fo back to FlipFlops column from the first programme of the following season for a hint of the "stuff you, we are Bristol, and you don't get to push us around" feeling that was around squad and fans, and the city that day.

Let's bring that back on Sunday.

C'mon, Bris.

BathPatriot (IP Logged)
23 February, 2017 08:18
As always BD, you and so many Briss fans look backwards, looking in the distant past. Have faith with your team now and look forwards with hope and optimism! . You have a fab stadium, passionate fans and a very wealthy owner, I must come right one day. We have so many players missing is not real , you can win this Sunday just have faith.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
23 February, 2017 10:52
Yes, a decent scoreboard winking smiley

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
23 February, 2017 12:53
I think this was posted because we were pushing the Sportsnetwork story update deadline not because we are living in the past. I recognise the signs. Mind you, what's wrong with looking back at a previous game at AG with the club staring relegation in the face. More than a few parallels.

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2017 08:32
Good luck to the both of you.Drahm was a classy player.We had him too! Will be watching you two play Sunday on tv,should be a cracker.See you next week Briz,see you in the not to distant future Bath. :-)

Furriner (IP Logged)
25 February, 2017 09:01
Unfortunately I missed that game. One of my sons and I decided for some reason we'd be better rewarded dragging ourselves off to Reading for the last game of the season. I recall we really really expected to beat the Irish.

I also recall the lousy journey home!

Big Dave (IP Logged)
26 February, 2017 17:34
I'd take that

I'd also take 12-11

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net