Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Two new props for next season
Whagwan (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 12:07
[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Sione Faletau - Tongan International from Leedshire

Jack Cosgrove - EQP Scot from Edinburgh.

Re: Two new props for next season
T J (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 12:10
I'm more interested in seeing who is going to be leaving than arriving.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 12:25
good - I was just saying yesterday we needed new front row players. Scrummaging hasn't been the best this season

BajanBlue (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 13:01
It's a pity we can't have them now (plus other signings) so that we can improve our survival chances, or is in the 'miracle don't happen' category??

happyH (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 13:12
130kg.

Is that our heaviest ever player??

CMON BRISSSSSSSS

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 14:15
Quote:
happyH
130kg.
Is that our heaviest ever player??

CMON BRISSSSSSSS

He tied with Mako Vunipola at 130kg

ROLLO (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 14:17
Jack Cosgrove a product of the Wuss academy.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 15:34
From Coventry is he then?

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

expectingrain (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 15:39
Hope they are better than our current Tongan prop who we haven't seen for months

graham t (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 17:02
Comments on the Yorkshire forum suggest that they think that is rather overweight and unfit

KGriff (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 17:21
My mate in Leeds messaged me to say that he has played about three times for Carnegie and looked totally unfit. I hope that some of our other promised international signings are more impressive than this announcement.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 17:22
Lam will sort him out if so.

In Lam We Trust.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 18:02
Not premiership quality as far as I can see
We seem to have accepted the inevitable

16 March, 2017 18:35
Odd. A prop who lees shire forum are nt raving about and another with a similar background To o Connell who has nt been able to break thru . Looks like champ development planning ... Imagine Tonga o Connell peri nese hall etc may all be on way ... Tray or perhaps to stay for the champ alongside gaston n bevington ?
Think we are gonna see a whole lot out of the door generally ...
Only real keepers for me: gaston as back up , tuohy as squad player, olly and lam , Mathewson as back up, sheedy for development , Hurrell woody and varndell until we find a winger who can tackle as well.
Rest sadly, will not be any help in the prem on bounce back. Imagine crane ll stay for the champ then be peripheral.
Big overhaul ahead...

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 19:02
How about giving the a chance? Cosgrove seems very well thought of by Edinburgh fans.

Edinburgh Forum

Welcome both!! Glad to have you on board.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 19:15
I saw Gaston's first outing against Cardiff and he looked woefully unfit. So what if this guy's out of condition, he can be whipped into shape.

JimboFB (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 19:30
I'd suggest there's a huge amount of Lam influence in his first hand scouting and knowledge of these players.

They're good ages to get decent years out of rather than the 'past their best' types we've had recently

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 20:19
Irish fan in peace, saw the Tongan prop last weekend when we played Leeds. Huge guy but as said above looked unfit and our academy prop certainly had the better of him. If Lam sorts out his fitness however he could be a handful

ROLLO (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 20:22
You are correct PeterB the same school as Jim Hamilton.
He went to Hartpury then Wuss academy and then Edinburgh. He has recently been on loan to London Scottish.
I recall that DR was a bit miffed when he moved to further his Scotland career, which clearly hasn't happened. He certainly had some potential, I wish him well.

16 March, 2017 23:22
Place bets now for which established Premiership outfit will have Cosgrove off us in 2 years time if he does turn out to be any good.... or am I being too cynical?!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net