rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Donny v Leedshire
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:24
Anyone else flicking between this and the Tigers/Chiefs game? Entertaining game but defence is woeful and just shows the difference in performance levels between Champ and Prem. Turnovers galore and no real structure. These are 2 of the top sides and still such a class away from the likes of Wuss/Falcons. Just shows why we've struggled as we made hard work of beating these last year. Should the unthinkable happen and we go down, next year, Bristol should have more than enough following our year with the big boys to punish the likes of these 2.
Decent clubs both but, if we're honest, even further behind than Bristol and should either best Irish, will undoubtedly be as poor as L Welsh on this showing.
Thoughts?

Re: Donny v Leedshire
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:53
Fair play to Donny holding on with 13 players but Leedshire are awful.....
13 team premiership anyone?

Capstan (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:23
Enjoyed the game, keenly contested,as were many of ours during our penance,and for the neutral observer a good advert for the championship,as Morris and co.kept banging on about,same script from him as previous years. The pace and intensity was however light years behind what the Prem demands,something I hope we will have learned for the future.

Not too impressed with our new prop ,big lump but largely immobile.

JimboFB (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 19:10
I just think the longer you're down you just get dragged down to that level.

It becomes the norm to play with slightly lesser intensity as you don't need to. After a while you then can't get those levels back.

Altogether, those years(!) down have decimated our club and will take a lot of hard work to get back to the higher level.

Downleaze (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:37
Nice to see Tom Arscott playing for Leeds, wish him the best.

Furriner (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:54
I thought Arscott had a poor game.

I also thought "Woe is me!", just thinking about having to suffer those Sky commentators again if we go down.

AGS (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:01
Quote:
Furriner
I thought Arscott had a poor game.
I also thought "Woe is me!", just thinking about having to suffer those Sky commentators again if we go down.

Well we're stuck with the sky commentators I'm afraid. Are still committed to showing their contractual 11 games next season, though as they won't be televising the 6 prayoff legs they'll have to pick their games more carefully.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net