rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Mitch and JFR
The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 16:36
Just a thought, but if these two Bristol lads don't get a lot of game time next season at Saints, I wonder if there might be a chance of having them on loan for a few games?
I know I am clutching at straws here but the guys they are going to be fighting for a starting place with look pretty awesome and a loan deal could do both our clubs a power of good.

Re: Mitch and JFR
Bris nut (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 16:47
Rascal
Can't agree with that
They both chose to leave the club and I respect that decision
But if we are relying on loan players to win the chump god help us
This is a perfect opportunity to blood new and academy players. We do not need blockers

Rich. (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 19:02
Just want to say that both players and Mitch in particularly have been fantastic in the last few weeks despite the fact they had already agreed to move elsewhere for next season best wishes to both of them

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 19:03
Ditto that Bris Nut

Graham_U (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 11:34
Totally agree with Rich, and wish them well for next season. But our focus next season is to ensure we have a team prepared for the Prem next time round so no point in loanees unless with a view to perm signing or emergency cover. Another year in the champ would be pointless for Mitch, he's got that tee-shirt.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

RJC (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:27
I can see a situation where at least one of them will come back to us at the end of their contract, either that or the contract after that.

Much like Watkins, Pennycook, Philips, Arscott, Jarvis, Harris-Wright.

Good luck to them both, I can't blame them for wanting more rugby at the top level, however they are behind some big names.

SimonB (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 13:11
Real shame we are losing these two and the best of luck to them. They will do well at Saints and get their chance.
Not likely to see them again I'm afraid. The one's that have come back have hardly set the world on fire. We have to get to the position where these players we bring through our systems stay with us for their prime, and not come back for the past-it years just because Bristol is a nice place to settle down.
That to me is at the heart of the problem Bristol have had since the professional era dawned. If Pat Lam can solve it (and stays long enough for us to get established in the Prem) he can walk on water...

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
22 April, 2017 10:58
I can see Mitch starting in the Saints back row at 6 with Picamoles and Wood- can't wait to see him with that much quality around him, even if it is in a Saints shirt. I predict he'll be on the fringes of the Sngkand squad in a years time- just don't know if he's edgy enough for Eddie Jones.

JFR is a beast in the loose but he's been taken apart in the scrum a few times so he's got some improvements to make before he's st his full potential.

Rich. (IP Logged)
22 April, 2017 11:01
Mitch for Scotland though yes?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
22 April, 2017 11:03
Surely Mitch is Scottish qualified?

And if Sinkler can make the England team when he's incapable of scrummaging straight then JFR must be in with a chance.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
22 April, 2017 12:27
Quote:
I can see Mitch starting in the Saints back row at 6 with Picamoles and Wood
Ahead of Harrison? I'd be surprised.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 13:15
With the way Mitch has improved this season after the initial struggle with the step up then surely the Saints backrow is just another challenge for him to over come. If he does that then he will get on the international radar, but with who? Scotland have a reasonably competitive back row as well, where as Mitch could be turned into the type of 7+ that Jones seems to like or could grow into a Robshaw replacement at 6. If he does well at Saints there could a bit of a fight to get him "A" capped by both.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net