rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Will Hurrell
Thorney (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 11:23
A great endorsement from a guy who knows a bit about playing in the centre..

Greenwood's prem team of the season

Re: Will Hurrell
airdog (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 13:08
he will certainly get my vote for player of the season .

shhandy (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 13:31
Mine would be Woodward, although hurrell has been fantastic as well. Perhaps more tries?

MrGreyUK (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 14:05
Congratulations Will.

Great accolade and much deserved recognition for the great work you put in this season1

MrGreyUK
Older - But no wiser

Platwell House (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 15:43
Will Hurrell has been a fantastic signing and even better he is sticking around at the club.

Meng (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 16:43
I'd give him the nod over Woodward because he's sticking with us.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 16:57
Hurrel is contractually obliged to stay Woody isnt.

The former also having the worst game I've seen him play for Bris today. Come on Will, let's see your second try of the season!

bris4life (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:51
...............and the latter (Woodward) just had the worst game I've seen him play for us. If you take off the two tries that Woodward as good as gave to Newcastle with his poor passing giving the ball away we would have won!

If he plays like that at Glos and costs them points he won't get much game time and I thought he was poor today. He didn't look like he was too bothered either, missing easy conversions as well. Shame to end that way.

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 09:47
With all the turnover ball Will wins and his tackling just wondered if he would make a good no 7 ?

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 10:11
Quote:
Albertfromla
With all the turnover ball Will wins and his tackling just wondered if he would make a good no 7 ?

I've thought this. We threaten the try line more when Piutau comes on in the centre, and lately Pisi as well. Not to mention next season, Hurrell will also have competition from Alapati Leiua.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 11:00
I'd wished we'd hung on to Hurrell, got some class about him

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 11:56
He has good technique at the breakdown and is probably our top turnover player. However, when I say good technique I mean when he's on his feet. I would contrast this with, say, Ollie Robinson who can hit the ground and then immediately get back on his feet. I've not seen Hurrell doing this sort of skill which you absolutely need at 7.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 12:31
If a Hurrell is to be abround for the long term, he will need to expand his game a little bit, and offer more in attack both as a runner and a distributor.

Centre is an area of concern for me.....we have a lot of depth now, but all of those players are big units who lack a little subtlety.

I can genuinely see Madigan playing 12 outside Searle or Sheedy.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 15:38
Hurrell will also need to improve his defence if Saturdays game is any indication.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 17:42
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
If a Hurrell is to be abround for the long term, he will need to expand his game a little bit, and offer more in attack both as a runner and a distributor.
Centre is an area of concern for me.....we have a lot of depth now, but all of those players are big units who lack a little subtlety.

Surely there's no point securing someone of Madigan's class and then playing him out of position? We've been there before!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 19:39
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Quote:
AlexInSouthville

Surely there's no point securing someone of Madigan's class and then playing him out of position? We've been there before!

Madigan has played Pro12 finals, Champions Cup knockout games, and Six Nations games at inside centre. I would go so far as to say he has played as many senior games at 12 than he has 10

Furriner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 08:28
We do seem to be short of 12s, and I'm not convinced it's Hurrell's best position. To my mind he la is a yard of pace, and has a tendency to get sucked out of position in the breakdown.

Still rate him though. Some expert coaching might resolve some of the rough edges

Furriner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 08:29
Lacks

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 08:32
I was not at the game at the weekend so can only say that from the itv highlights Hurrell seemed lost and unsure what he should be doing for Newcastle first 2 tries. But he wasn't the only one for the 2nd try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net