rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mitch Eadie
Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 15:09
It was very fitting that Mitch scored the last try of the game. Although it has been mentioned before thanks again mate for all your efforts at the club over the years.

"Any game Iím not playing at Northampton, Iíll be back watching Bristol Ė I can guarantee that. Iíll always be a Bristolian at heart, even if Iím not here.Ē

- Troubling that due to so much ineptitude at the club we are losing local boys of his calibre and dedication. Let's hope it really is a new dawn.

Re: Mitch Eadie
thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 17:16
He's played his heart out for Bristol but it's not troubling, to me at least, that he's moving on. I wish him all the best in his new club.

Frankly though, our back row has not dominated any other premiership club, except maybe in the Bath game, and I hope that our new recruits move us up another level. It's tough but that is the nature of professional sport.

None of our back row, except maybe Lam, last season look to me to be solid Premiership standard.

Rich. (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 18:25
I think Mitch is certainly Prem standard and has been our standout forward this season.

All the very best Mitch!

08 May, 2017 02:09
Quote:
Rich.
I think Mitch is certainly Prem standard and has been our standout forward this season.
All the very best Mitch!

+1

airdog (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 06:14
I certainly wish him all the best at Northampton where I am sure he will do well , the one downside for him is he will have to put up with that flippin irritating song of theirs week in and week out .

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 06:57
Better that than the Exeter drone or Irish drums. Or the horror that was the recorded "Stand up for Saracens"

airdog (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 13:40
perhaps Gray , they are all equally daft and tedious to me . There have been times when some of ours have suggested we need to have a song / chant / band of our own but thankfully thats not happened , Bristol, Bristol our come on Bris is fine for me .

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 14:35
Over Easter I went to my first live League game: Hull FC v Leeds. Totally different atmosphere from any Union club game I have ever been to. Songs, chants, the lot. Much louder and more vociferous. Also a huge amount of swearing in the crowd (and I was in the posh seats). Chants aimed at the opposition supporters and, a big surprise, the opposition supporters segregated in one corner. I'll take the funereal atmosphere of AG any time.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 16:04
All those rough northerners eh!
Should try cloning them with the four letter name down the road
Might end up with your average Bris / Glaws supporter then !

Olly (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:50
God forbid we ever see a football like atmosphere or crowd segregation at Bristol rugby.
We are rugby people we win,we lose, laugh, cry deal with all the frustration and pleasures that our sport provides but we do it together we are and remain the rugby family. If that spirit ever dies then the sport would be over for me.
Newcastle fans chanting Bristol you will win the championship at the gate on Saturday just sums up what the sport and its great people are to me.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 23:24
Olly 100%

Furnessman (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 12:27
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Over Easter I went to my first live League game: Hull FC v Leeds. Totally different atmosphere from any Union club game I have ever been to. Songs, chants, the lot. Much louder and more vociferous. Also a huge amount of swearing in the crowd (and I was in the posh seats). Chants aimed at the opposition supporters and, a big surprise, the opposition supporters segregated in one corner. I'll take the funereal atmosphere of AG any time.

being a Northerner myself and used to be a rugby league supporter, I believe segregation may have something to do with ticket sales and also RL want to keep fans together to try and create atmosphere. My days of supporting this was back in 70's and 80's, I travelled everywhere with my club in the semi professional era, we were working class guys, from shipbuilding steel works and mines and many worked with our players, it was a very close knit community, I only ever saw trouble once and that particular team we were playing against were renowned for it, Warrington. People did state they were football fans , and due to it being a cup semi final they tagged along, but there were organized hooligans that attacked us, and to be perfectly honest we didn't know how to react as so shocked.
The majority of the time is was like being in the Blackthorn end, yes chanting, singing and banter. As usual its the few that give you a bad reputation.

airdog (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 12:48
have only ever seen league on the telly and have to say to me its just looks like a glorified game of touch rugby that does not appeal at all .For some reason though it is the code preferred by them oop North .
If you take the city of Leeds they get big crowds for league whereas at the same ground for proper rugby its three men and a dog , although that said I am not sure they even have a dog .

Big Dave (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 12:58
They do have a dog. It is a whippet called Stephen.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 14:22
Quote:
airdog
have only ever seen league on the telly and have to say to me its just looks like a glorified game of touch rugby that does not appeal at all .For some reason though it is the code preferred by them oop North .
If you take the city of Leeds they get big crowds for league whereas at the same ground for proper rugby its three men and a dog , although that said I am not sure they even have a dog .

How can I put it politely? It's rugby union's fault. Leeds Rhinos was a RFU club and I believe the crowd for their last RU match was about 24,000.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 16:33
I like league fans a lot, we could learn a thing or two from them but that also goes both ways.

Rhinos atmosphere is really good BTW, complete opposite to Leedshire.

01 June, 2017 17:07
With Picamoles leaving Saints, Mitch has to be shoo-in for starting a lot of games next season.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 22:14
Quote:
Singapore Sam
With Picamoles leaving Saints, Mitch has to be shoo-in for starting a lot of games next season.

He sure does, lets hope he continues to develop as a player, I can still see him returning to Bristol down the line.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 08:43
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Better that than the Exeter drone ......

Scoff all you want, but Sandy Park has twice the atmosphere of AG.

And at least their chant/song is unique to their club (from a UK rugby perspective), and the not the utterly generic and interchangeable "2 syllable, town/team name" chant....BRIIIII-STOL.....WOOOOOOOR-CESTER......MUUUUUUN-STER.....GLAAAAAS-GOW.

I wish we had something that was uniquely Bristol

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 08:51
Very good luck to Mitch, he has always given 100% and I suspect when he was recruited Saints half expected this with Picamoles.

What a great opportunity for Mitch, I think with their style of play he will be first choice next season.

Fully deserved IMHO, very best of luck Mitch and thank you.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net