we do. It's called perennial disappointment

Re: Mitch Eadie
Meng (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 12:36
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Better that than the Exeter drone ......

Scoff all you want, but Sandy Park has twice the atmosphere of AG.

And at least their chant/song is unique to their club (from a UK rugby perspective), and the not the utterly generic and interchangeable "2 syllable, town/team name" chant....BRIIIII-STOL.....WOOOOOOOR-CESTER......MUUUUUUN-STER.....GLAAAAAS-GOW

It's a hideous, irritating chant. If there's a Chiefs home game on the tellybox I watch it with sound muted and listen to music instead.

... and there's been some debate in the States in and out of Atlanta as to whether it's actually racist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 12:36 by Meng.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 13:42
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Better that than the Exeter drone ......

Scoff all you want, but Sandy Park has twice the atmosphere of AG.

And at least their chant/song is unique to their club (from a UK rugby perspective), and the not the utterly generic and interchangeable "2 syllable, town/team name" chant....BRIIIII-STOL.....WOOOOOOOR-CESTER......MUUUUUUN-STER.....GLAAAAAS-GOW.

I wish we had something that was uniquely Bristol

Imagine what it's like to be a BAAAAAth supporter - BAAAAAth....BAAAAAth....BAAAAAth.

Sounds like a herd of very @#$%& off sheep.

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 13:57
Its a common Devonian thing for many decades now that a clubs first team has been called the chiefs, Exmouth and Sidmouth i think still do it. Thats the original reason and the indian thing was done for marketing, nothing in it especially in the states where you have the redskins!! And on another note why do people on this board keep talking about ex players!!

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 15:19
Quote:
Standardprocedure
I wish we had something that was uniquely Bristol
we do. It's called perennial disappointment
(Sm22)

Bris nut (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 15:31
Hate all these American / rugby league nicknames. Chiefs, falcons, warriors ?? Understood when we were shoguns but really pleased when it was dropped
What is wrong with plain Exeter rugby etc ?

airdog (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 16:51
although we were for a time lumbered with the Shoguns appendage it was never adopted by us supporters , indeed one of my lasting memories from the dear old Memorial Ground was the first game under the new name when the then announcer trying to whip up some enthusiasm said ...Lets hear it for your new team Shoguns Shoguns , and instantly from all round the ground came the response ...Bristol Bristol .

Classic .

Big Dave (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 10:38
I don't think we have any problems with our support. We were by far and away the loudest fans at Twickenham in September and in bald number terms our attendance was impressive considering we spent the year rooted to the bottom.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net