rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Duncan Bell on mental health
Big Dave (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 09:12
Heard him and his wife on the radio recently and I thought it was both brave and useful.

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Re: Duncan Bell on mental health
Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 15:58
The man is an amazing guy, I truly admire the both of them.

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 16:24
I have never suffered from any form of mental health issue before. Then last year, after a "series of unfortunate events" found myself suffering from stress and anxiety. The hardest thing is actually admitting to those closest to you how you feel. Bravo to those who live a public life and have the balls to admit how they are feeling to help others.
A year on, I'm tons better but feel that I will always have a "shadow" hanging over me. To anyone who feels the same, I promise that talking about it helps. Those who love you will support and help you.

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 20:49
Chet Ripley. You have my fullest and deepest respect mate. To be so honest and candid on the web is credit to you my friend. I would also like to say, this is why we are rugby fans, this is why a man like Chet can be as brave as he's been. We only judge poor kicking, the price of beer, and those at Bath. Good on ya Chet.

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 16:01
Cheers Knowle Blue. As I said I feel those in the public eye, especially in the competitive world of sport are totally to be admired.

Have to say though, price of beer and beating Bath are high on my list of priorities!, (Sm126)

Brispop (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 22:28
John Kirwan has been quite open about his mental ill health and nz rugby launched initiatives for resources and advice aimed at helping with mental health throughout the entire sport- officials, coaches and players. You're not alone Chet.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 23:44
As mental health awareness week draws to a close I'd like to give thanks to all the brave people coming forward to talk about their health issues. As someone who has struggled with my own too and still not fully recovered (albeit much improved) it's a subject close to my heart and just because the week is over it doesn't mean we should stop discussing and helping those that need it but are rarely understood.

Talking really helps on every level from the personal to the societal and I hope we can remove some of the stigma associated with mental health issues at the very least. Thanks again to everyone.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 16:17
I would hope these issues would encourage some posters on these sites to think twice before posting personal criticism of players as I consider this sort of thing contributes to some of the problems from which these guys suffer.
I'm sure I wouldn't have liked my professional life to have been open for one and all to comment upon.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 17:08
Not denigrating any of the above and totally with HSpoons but to finish on a lighter note l think we must all have a few issues having followed Bris through the years !

Big Dave (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 17:45
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I would hope these issues would encourage some posters on these sites to think twice before posting personal criticism of players as I consider this sort of thing contributes to some of the problems from which these guys suffer.
I'm sure I wouldn't have liked my professional life to have been open for one and all to comment upon.

Yep. Although I think it is better on here than in the past and certainly better than previous relegations when this board would seem to select a player to be scapegoat of choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net