Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: London Irish
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:58
Quote:
Heaf
Shouldn't even be playing this game anyway - finished 17 points clear and already beaten all play-off rivals home & away this season - playoffs are just plain nonsense - good riddance to them ...
Agreed.

Don't need to preach this to Bristol fans. winking smiley

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 23:17
I bet smiling smiley

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 07:58
As a London Irish supporter I'd have had no complaints with yellow cards for the above mentioned incidents. I don't rate JP as ref at all, as it always seems to turn into the JP show and the conversation post match is always about his handling of some incident or other rather than the match itself. Whilst those were two standout decisions that went against Carnegie, I thought he was dreadful across the board and allowed them to get away with murder defending the maul, at the breakdown and with frequent crossing and blocking in attack.

With regards to the game itself Carnegie were good value for 60 minutes but by the end we were completely in control and I was calling for us to scrum again rather than kick the last penalty and really ram our advantage home.

Roll on next week and hopefully finishing the job.

memnoch (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:32
Got to agree with comments about Yellows, I though JP bottled it again for both decisions and can easily see a citing for the high tackle.

As for the penalty at the end, I agree with Ozzy, Irish were clearly dominant in the scrum by that point and I think JP would of quite happily given them a penalty try with a couple of infringements from Leeds.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:55
Also agreed about not going for the penalty try/pushover at the end. With the total scrum dominance it was an easy way to get 7 out of the last minute and a half in a controlled manner instead of 3 and defending in your own half where statistically you're more likely to concede if an error or penalty goes against you. It went well anyway but think that was a bad call wherever it came from.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 09:56
Quote:
Ozzy3213
As a London Irish supporter I'd have had no complaints with yellow cards for the above mentioned incidents. I don't rate JP as ref at all, as it always seems to turn into the JP show and the conversation post match is always about his handling of some incident or other rather than the match itself. Whilst those were two standout decisions that went against Carnegie, I thought he was dreadful across the board and allowed them to get away with murder defending the maul, at the breakdown and with frequent crossing and blocking in attack.
With regards to the game itself Carnegie were good value for 60 minutes but by the end we were completely in control and I was calling for us to scrum again rather than kick the last penalty and really ram our advantage home.

Roll on next week and hopefully finishing the job.

A couple of Cards when Carnegie were still in the game and the jitters may well and truly have set in and who knows what would have happened. You are clearly the better side but it would have been a very different challenge.

Doyle clearly bottled the calls, perhaps still feeling guilty about his decisions against us two years ago. If you get Barnes next week he won't!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net