Gengy starts, JFR on the bench

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Re: JFR and Gengy in the England match day squad for the BarBars
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 11:49
ironic that JFR was a Tigers academy product and Genge a Bristol academy product as well.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 12:49
Very pleased for both. Congratulations guys, especially JFR as it's his first call up.

Brisman (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 12:53
Ian Madigan starts at 10 for the Ba Bas

Big Dave (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 14:16
Pleased for both but one of those horrible reminders about what not being the established premiership club we should be means.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 16:00
In fairness most people don't really know why Genge left, but I doubt it was really anything to do with our Premiership status. And as for JFR it might be more appropriate for Pirates to say it is a reminder for them about what not being an established Premiership club means.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 21:12
Neither anywhere near first choice at our club. I question how good both will be when under the cosh but well done both, I think as scrumagging is now secondary for front rows they will shine.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 23:00
Chan2: Gengy seemed to handle the pressure in the semi-final last weekend. The Cheaters have certainly improved his scrimmaging dramatically whilst keeping his powerful mobility.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 07:37
I think Genge has looked immense for Leicester this year and would certainly have been starting for us if still with us and playing as well.

Unfortunately I (also) see this more as another example of how we don't give younger players sufficient chance at becoming first team regulars.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 11:59
we've never really had the luxury of being able to give game time to youngsters in the same controlled manner that people like tiggers and saints are able to though. chucking 'em in at the proverbial deep end of a team fighting for survival and getting a pasting week-in week-out may well just see them drown

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 13:05
I dunno, Ellis has looked a key Tiger player since his debut for them and yet he couldn't start for us. I'm sure you're right regarding other players but in recent years there have been similar examples, which I can't for the life of me remember at the moment!! But players struggling to get in our team but then moving and, almost from the off, starting and performing for better teams than us.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 15:42
I think it took the cheaters a while to sort out Gengy's scrummage, which seems to have become a weapon the second half of this season. Gaston was well on top of him when they played here early season. I think the coaching at cheaters must have something to do with it, plus another years of experience. He got a reasonable amount of game time last year but was too often exposed by champ standard props to be a regular starter despite how good his loose play was.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

Rich. (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 07:27
It is Ellis's contribution around the pitch which makes him stand out. Fantastic work rate and fitness, great carrier but also knows when and how to pass.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 15:56
Some good youngsters played today. Nobody threatening George or Hartley for the 2 shirt though which is a dissappointment.

Rich. (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 13:33
Cowan-Dickie and Tommy Taylor looked good in the final mind. I assume they are 3rd and 4th choices

Field marshall (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:09
Ah, JFR didn't make the cut to Argentina. Shame. Hope he still gets his holiday.

Rich. (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 12:03
Why is Cowan-Dickie out of favour now? He's not even replacing Taylor!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net