rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Chiefs Champions!!!
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 17:08
Congratulations to the Chiefs! Won a throughly well fought game. I'm sure they'll thank us for our role in their rise (just kidding!). Just shows if we were perhaps a little more humble and better managed/organised in years past, what might have been, hey? Chiefs deserve the plaudits they'll receive - a good club with a good attitude. Lots of solid players without many egos - I feel that our new breed could be similar?
This time in 2019....
Please?
C'MON BRIS!!!

Re: Chiefs Champions!!!
Meng (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 17:21
And I'd like to congratulate Wasps on finishing top of the Premiership after a hard-fought season and, in my book, being the true champions.

It is utterly absurd that a team that finishes top has to then confirm it via playoffs and thus, as in today's case, don't get their deserved reward.

It is a situation, of course, that Bristol Rugby is all too familiar with.

rambling sid (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 21:37
Congratulations to Exeter. I imagine there will be a big celebration in the city next week. I remember Bristol's first game after they nearly went out of business in 1998, in the old second division. It was at Exeter at their old ground which they shared with the speedway team. Bristol just won with a try made by Sean Marsden and delivered by Ben Breeze. Not many would have expected this day back then. Let's hope Bristol can learn from their success and deliver the same in a few year's time.

T J (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 22:17
Well done to Exeter - the definition of what can be achieve through honest hard work, good coaching and humility.

My first thought was how our management should be embarrassed at how far they have moved forward over the years, and how little we have moved forward over the years. I know they've had Mr Rowe's financial backing for longer than we have with SL, but they have seen successful returns on his investment more quickly than we have with SL.

Save for the fact that Pat Lam is joining us and we are rattling around in a nice new stadium, our progress over the past 7 years has been marginal. Exeter's has been phenomenal.

gassyrucker (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 00:49
In 2018 you'll be there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2017 07:41 by gassyrucker.

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 09:09
Fantastic achievement and three players in that line up yesterday that won the final against us.
Stability and humility personified.

Well done Chiefs (Sm65)

Graham_U (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 13:52
Its a bit ironic that when the play-offs first came in Wasps were the masters of doing enough in the league before focusing on the play-offs. Well done Ex, now get rid of those bl00dy drums!

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 19:08
It is utterly absurd that a team that finishes top has to then confirm it via playoffs and thus, as in today's case, don't get their deserved reward

In fairness, Wasps and Exe were on an equal number of points at the top

Graham_U (IP Logged)
31 May, 2017 12:34
..and would Wasps have won the last match against Sarries if the title had depended on it, or Sarries lost to Wuss? I think the teams structure their season to the play-offs more in the Prem that we ever did in the Champ. Although I still struggle with there being no recognition to the team that finishes top, its certainly a totally different situation to the problems the play-offs causes the champ winner.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net