rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Fixture dates confirmed
BristolRugbyLad86 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:23
Personally a bit disappointed that they are not more Friday night games for the season. Sunday games seems to be a dead atmosphere down the gate to me. Would of thought with the games played on a Saturday there will be a decrease in the number of people watching Bristol as they might be playing rugby themselves, I know there will be a few people who play who wont be able to watch now. Looking forward to the new season though and cant wait for the Pat Lam era to start. C'MON BRIS!!!

Re: Fixture dates confirmed
shaunp (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:45
Personally I like the Saturday fixture, getting across Bristol on a Friday night is a pain.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:46
Yep I really enjoy the friday night games
such a shame there aren't more. Saturday games are a pain with the kids etc

BigO (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:52
Petty happy with that - good mix of match days and KO times. I enjoy Friday night games, but they do seem to attract a lot of buffoons (certainly where I sit) - so on balance glad there are less of them. Will be interesting to see the Saturday turnout.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 12:54
What seems to be the case is that us supporters were split 3 ways on a favourite day when responding to the fans survey and the club are responding to that. Well done to them for that.

Sat/Sun is best for me as I come from Gloucestershire and it's a long old day when games are on a Friday plus I'm an ex player now. Feel for those who have bought a season ticket but play, they will be a little peeved I'm sure.

If we didn't have 27k seats to fill (not complaining) then we could do what near capacity clubs do and provide a ticket sale system with an admin fee but getting 80% of cost back.

Joe Pagio (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:04
Bit disappointed with the dates, renewed my season ticket and won't be able to see half the home games as I play rugby on a Saturday. Problem of being a fan and a player...

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:14
So glad about the Saturday/Sunday games. Friday night games are so difficult to get to, the traffic is horrendous.

Beer1234 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:36
I'm glad about less Friday night games as they were a right pain to get too.

However I'm surprised by the move to 2pm kick offs, that just seems such an odd and inconvenient time. What was wrong with 3pm?

Also the announcement mentions "after consultation", anyone know anything about this consultation. Who was involved, what sort of numbers?

mat1 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:38
Very happy with that mix of days never liked friday nights

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:41
I guess it was inevitable that they would try to please as many as possible by having a spread of days, but there really ought to be an option to buy an ST for dedicated days only (i.e. only Sunday matches, only Friday matches), otherwie you end up like Joe Pagio above and can't go as often as you thought you would

FURP03 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 13:53
Really can't see the logic in Saturday games.

People that still play have to make choice.

Every Saturday game will clash with a Rovers game.

Purely from a financial point of view this doesn't make any sense for Bristol Sport.

robtheh (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 14:12
Although if they're going to experiment with Saturday games, the championship is the perfect place to do that in.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 14:12
If I knew there be loads of Saturday matches I wouldn't have bothered with a Season Card. I'll be watching my son play for his local club. Grrrrr!

Thorney (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 14:40
Where have these Saturday fixtures come from? Ever since we started sharing the Mem with the other football club, Saturday games have been the exception and I have kept renewing my season ticket on that basis.

It looks like a third of my season ticket is now useless for next year.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 14:53
It's not so long ago that playing on a Saturday was the norm. Back to the future.

AGS (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 15:50
As our last league game's on Friday 13th we should be extra thankful we won't have any playoff games afterwards.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 17:04
Sunday matches didn't start when Rovers moved in, it was an idea from the Malcolm Pearce era. I also want to know why the 2pm kick offs.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2017 17:05 by Peter_B.

KGriff (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 17:52
The 6.00pm on the 23rd December is also a really odd one.
Messed up my Christmas trip plans big style.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 18:25
Only two Friday games has left a really bad taste in the mouth, my favourite and most convenient to attend. Rediculous.

Then to shove the majority of games to Saturday instead of traditional Sunday is the icing on a turd cake.

Great stuff Bristol Sport /s

Thorney (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 19:08
Quote:
FURP03
Really can't see the logic in Saturday games.
People that still play have to make choice.

Every Saturday game will clash with a Rovers game.

Purely from a financial point of view this doesn't make any sense for Bristol Sport.

Good point about the clash with Rovers. That could screw up the bus shuttle from Horfield, although the early kick of times might help there.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net