rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Fixture dates confirmed
JamboBris (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 19:58
Think Saturday games should have been announced before now. Perfectly reasonable to expect there to be hardly any given how previous seasons have been. Think it's a poor idea in terms of increasing support among younger fans. A lot of of people late teens/ early twenties will either be playing, have a job requiring satutday work or go down the rovers.

Olly (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 20:04
Oh hum that's going to screw up my weekends?
Sunday lunch with the Family is going to have to be over much earlier.
As for Saturdays well could be a problem. On the plus side it will be more inviting to be there in daylight and a little warmer so could encourage more families and city supporters to tag along?
On another note how ironic bussing people from the Memorial ground to Ashton gate when the cuckoo's are playing at home ??

If my glass is ever half empty please feel free to top it up.

bofb (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 20:46
And Sunday matches have been the norm for approaching 20 years.. Saturdays screwed by my working pattern....

MrGreyUK (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 21:02
Bad news for those that play or follow local rugby.

Renewed our season tickets assuming that games would be predominately Sunday & Friday as in previous seasons;

No comment on the Offy : but I am assuming we will be allowed to cancel our renewals if we wish; as unwilling to give up club rugby

Will be cheaper for us to pay as we go on the Friday & Sunday matches.

It's a shame

MrGreyUK
Older - But no wiser

Rich. (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 21:41
Eh! Talk about Back to the Future indeed! - we had all this with two o'clock kick offs on Sunday just 2 or 3 years ago and the club backed down when they realised that it would mean that many who played junior rugby on Sunday mornings wouldn't be able to go as well as those people where family Sunday lunches might get in the way. Looks like an email into the club again - do we not learn from history?

grasmith (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 22:16
The 2p.m. fixtures on Sunday I would guess is to do with hospitality deals and boosting food and drink sales. It just means for me that the whole day will be fouled up instead of just the afternoon

airdog (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 08:33
we seem to have this post every year when the fixtures are announced , some are in favour others are not .The reality is whatever is decide is going to hack off some , its a no win situation for the club .

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 09:35
I thought Jersey Reds was a type of potato?

There are some massive gaps with nothing happening also did I read somewhere that the Prem United teams were being taken more seriously, therefore do we fall out of that A League?

Portisteve (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 09:59
Cup games

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 12:16
Quote:
airdog
we seem to have this post every year when the fixtures are announced , some are in favour others are not .The reality is whatever is decide is going to hack off some , its a no win situation for the club .
This is a bit different however, it's not a case of either Friday or Sunday games... it's more games being played on Saturday than any other day, a day which we haven't been scheduled to play on for 20+ years and completely without warning at that.

The Friday and Saturday numbers should have been swapped at the very least so there's only two. Honestly really annoyed about this, plus the earlier KO times which is more problematic for those of us travelling from outside the city.

Not sure I can even make the Saturday games at all in the coming season (half the games!), something I've not had to deal with before as a lifelong Bristol supporter.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 13:12
Bought 2 season cards in the Dolman, now largely useless due to commitments on Saturdays. I emailed the club this mornning for a refund, waiting with baited breath.

Furriner (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 08:36
Like Rinkadink I travel from outside the city (about 120 miles each way in my case) . But I'm looking forward to some Saturday rugby. Getting there on a Friday evening was a nightmare. And it dispels one of my prejudices: that we're the poor cousins to the soccer boys on every count

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 08:52
I much prefer Saturday fixtures.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 09:58
It does seem that the club have initiated this through the responses to last years survey...

airdog (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 10:09
as I said in a previous post whatever they do with regards fixtures will P off some . If this decision is based on the results of the season ticket holders questionnaire then good for them .
I only hope if that is the case they respect what I suspect was the overwhelming response to the colours question , namely get rid of the red .

bris_rob (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 22:14
1) I, my wife and my son are season card holders. None of us received this survey last season and have renewed before the fixtures were announced. My son plays for a local club on Saturday, and naturally, my wife and I support him. So we won't be attending the 5 Saturday fixtures. There must be thousands like us. For this reason we won't be renewing next year at least until we know the fixture dates and that it's worthwhile.

2) Although its admirable of the club to ask the 5k season card holders this question its not them who make up the majority of the attendances. Bristol attract larger home attendances when the match is arranged at a more suitable day/time so that local rugby players, their families and supporters can attend. This includes Minis/youths/colts who usual play Sunday morning/lunchtime.

3) As previous posters have said, there will always be some people who will be annoyed by whatever the club decide but I genuinely feel that by moving nearly 50% of the fixtures to Saturday and a 2pm ko time on Sunday this will without doubt have a negative affect on overall attendance figure. You need to attract more of the non season card holders who make up the rump of higher attendances not the hardcore 5k supporters.

I was genuinely excited about the new season with the new setup and quality signings but I am really @#$%& off that I'll miss half of the matches that I have already paid for x3.

*Steps down and drags soapbox away*

delthedoor (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 14:09
Recieved a response to my request for a refund - that'll be a no then. The response mentioned the majority of responders to the survey opted for Saturdays. It was also stated that the majority of Prem games are on a Saturday, not quite sure about the relevance of this[we played mostly on a Sunday] I don't think the Club have thought this through regarding the significant proportion of supporters who still play the game and will not attend Saturday games. Anyhoo, if there are any fans who would be interested in 2 tickets in the Dolman on the halfway line i've got 2 for sale.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 15:59
...however nothing is set in stone...

Matches on Sky and changed fixture dates - already...(Sm16)

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 16:55
Been a season ticket holder for 20+ years... I didn't get a survey. Makes me wonder how many replied, or were even sent out. We aren't in the premiership anyway so I'm failing to see the relevance.

Non-refunds are unacceptable. I'm a 2028 member so I'm not expecting one, no consultation or prior warning is the very least I'd have expected, never mind not putting half the games on a new weekday.

Olly (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 19:43
It would seem I'm not the only one who has trouble receiving emails from the club? Never had an issue before Bristol sport took over then it all went @#$%& up

If my glass is ever half empty please feel free to top it up.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net