rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Lions match - late tackles
Jimeno (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 16:27
If anyone has the time could they look at this morning's match and tell me why the late shoulder charge on Farrell (@49:00) was unpunished but Vunipola's seemingly identical late tackle (@52:30) was a penalty?

Ref clearly saw the first one and immediately called play on and the TMO said nothing.

Re: Lions match - late tackles
Platwell House (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 19:02
Regardless of Farrell coming from a family of Rugby Royalty he is going to feel that tackle into mid August!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 11:35
[youtu.be]

More concerned about this being brought against the probable MOTM. How is that a red card offense? Much milder than the one last week on Davies IIRC that unpunished in the game and no citing after.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 11:37
Did the ABs bring this against SOB or completely separate from them? I'm not sure of the process in international rugby...

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 14:40
O'Brien has been cleared and SBW banned for 4 weeks.

AGS (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 16:57
SBW turning 32 in a few days, and reportedly unlikely to play for the ABs again. I wonder if he fancies a few years in the west country?

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 17:27
I sincerely hope not AGS

shhandy (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 19:29
Saw him play league for roosters a few years ago and he was by far the best player on the pitch. I'm sure the hit on wTson was an aberration, apparently a thoroughly nice guy who is a bit of a celeb in Sydney. Does an enormous amount of charitable work. I would welcome him here, but about as likely as me playing Test cricket!

AGS (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 23:46
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I sincerely hope not AGS

Wouldn't fit into the Pat Lam youth model anyway

That's until someone spots him waiting at Parkway station

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:53
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I sincerely hope not AGS
If SBW wanted to come to a side, they'd be mad to turn him down... ourselves included. But I very much doubt anything like that is on the cards.

After watching TJ in the tests I think we may have dodged a bullet. Talented player but the manner in which he communicates with referees is shocking, can't imagine he'd get away with it up here.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Rinkadink
After watching TJ in the tests I think we may have dodged a bullet. Talented player but the manner in which he communicates with referees is shocking, can't imagine he'd get away with it up here.

@rinkadink I still think Perenara will come to us in the winter (subject to us being set fair for promotion) From what I heard, from a fairly solid source, it was very nearly a done deal last year and he remains well connected at Bris.

Furnessman (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:06
Quote:
AGS
SBW turning 32 in a few days, and reportedly unlikely to play for the ABs again. I wonder if he fancies a few years in the west country?

back to RL!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net