Ben Glynn...
Peter D (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 11:59
signs for Harlequins.

Quins

Re: Ben Glynn...
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:12
Is he any good??? cant say I really know a great deal about him. Looks like he is with us for the whole season

neil o (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:39
Underrated in my opinion,I would have liked him to stay tbh.Hope he does well at Quins

memnoch (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:50
Great news for Ben. Good player but as he said himself I think he needed a change. I can see him doing really well at Quins much like Olly Kohn did.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:55
Yes, he's very good. Unsure as to why he wasn't retained.

Good luck Ben.

grasmith (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:58
Memnoch, you echo my opinion word for word.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 13:02
Sounds promising, thanks all

robtheh (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 13:05
Fair play to him.
Wasn't really a fan, personally, but all power to him for being able to stay in the Prem.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 13:15
Good luck Ben. Strange how these players are deemed surplus to requirements in the Championship, but good enough for successful Prem sides.

Bristol Fashion (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 14:13
For me he was a solid player nothing more. He is a big lad, but I always felt he lacked the aggression he needed. It almost needed someone to wind him up before each game to get him started.

Good in the line-out but not dominant
Ok in the loose but not enough impact - he should have broken the gain-line more with his size.
Solid defensively.

He never really topped the stats on anything, always doing just enough, which is not good enough for prem.

A change will do him good, not that surprised we let him go.I hope it proves a success for him.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 16:43
Quote:
delthedoor
Good luck Ben. Strange how these players are deemed surplus to requirements in the Championship, but good enough for successful Prem sides.

I think we need to have faith that Pat Lam knows what he's doing?

MightyGriffin (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 16:45
I believe that well before the season finished we offered him a new contract on lower wages and he turned it down.
Good luck to him at Quins.

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 19:22
Never did anything but give his best for us, good luck Ben with your new challenge.

Furriner (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 08:30
Agree completely with Bristol Fashion's assessment above. Ben never really reached his potential with us. Used to annoy me that he'd go to ground as soon as he made player contact. Taking the ball from kick off wasn't a strength either. Nevertheless I do hope an alternative coaching style will see him showing what his size and athleticism can achieve

Graham_U (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 09:02
Thought he held his own in his first season in the Prem, I was sorry to see him released. I think his athletic style would have fitted well with Pat Lam. The only real concern I had about him at the top level is that he could do with being a little bigger.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

airdog (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 10:26
the focus must be and seems to be not next season which surely is a given for promotion but the season after which those that know about these things have presumably decided that Ben would not be a serious contender for a starting place .
As a former winger I have no idea what goes on in the scrum so must accept that those that make the call for our club have got it right .
All that said I have no doubt he gave everything for the shirt and wish him well for his opportunities with the harley queens .

Pathfinder (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 11:20
I'm sorry to see BG go, but with Latta and Batley arriving to join Tuohy, Jefferies, Joyce, Nemsadze and Hawkins, his opportunities would have been severely limited. I hope he gets some game time at the Stoop: the welcome on their website doesn't sound as though he'll be first choice there, either.

Meerkats1970 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 12:31
It is one of those what if's. Players with bigger reputations and played in front of promising young talent and not justifying thier places.

Agree with most of the above, but not given a clear run to maybe show his potential. then again wasnt he injured for a bit?? Difficult for any player to shine last season when you play on the back foot

Has the Courtey Lawes about him?, but needs the aggression

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net