Iain Grieve
robtheh (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 15:28
...is on trial at Hartpury.
[hartpuryrfc.co.uk]

Re: Iain Grieve
airdog (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 15:36
considering what he did for us its rather sad to see how his career has declined since he left here .
I hope things work out for him , a true Bristol legend .

BigO (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 17:11
Funny old world isn't it. I know these things happen in professional sport, but it must irk Iain when he thinks about the loyalty he showed Bristol, and where that loyalty has got him personally in the long term.

Always wonder what would have happened if he'd snapped up one of the prem contracts that was reportedly waved in front of him. He was certainly good enough for that level.

I hope he does well at Harpbury.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 17:47
I wish him all the very best. His travails at a shaky Plymouth Albion and the pressure he was under skippering here are two reasons why I will never begrudge players leaving Bristol for the sake of their careers. Of course there are ways in which you can depart (and clubs you can choose to go to), and we can have views on the wisdom of choices made but, at the end of the day, it's not our choice to make. It's their job, their business. Good luck, Iain.

nick chard (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 17:52
Iain grieve,,has had an operation on his knee(serious one) and has been training to get back to fitness all last season.
His knee was the problem at Plymouth but went to Ealing,where it was found to be no good.
So hence the operation,,he looks as though he will come back for Hartbury,faster and fitter.
Well done Iain,,(seeing as how he may not have played again.)

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 10:30
I think it's safe to say Griever will always be highly regarded by Bristolians, not just for his undoubted playing ability but leading us through our darkest time in recent history. Also the gorilla. Can't imagine he'll have to buy a drink at anything rugby related again. Some great memories, Andy Goode may disagree though. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net