rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pat Lam interview
Olly (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:56
Just watched the Pat Lam interview on Briz TV got to say he is comes across as the type of guy that Bristol rugby has been missing for far too long. Really got to start this season off I'm now getting very impatient. Yes there's the British and Irish Lions and the All Blacks but then there is Bristol Rugby and Pat Lam.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Re: Pat Lam interview
Jay Jay (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 13:30
Excellent interview, can't wait for September.

airdog (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 13:51
given the hype that has arisen from Pats appointment I just hope he lives up to our hopes and expectations , just imagine the reaction from some on here if things go a bit wobbly .
That said I am sure he is the right man for the job and it will be clear by Christmas if not mathematically certain that we will be promoted back to the Prem .

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 16:51
Sounds good.

That purple kit isn't pleasant though.

Brisman (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 22:03
Quote:
Rinkadink
Sounds good.
That purple kit isn't pleasant though.
Think it would be a bit easier on the optic nerves if it didn't have the hideous writing on the front.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 22:08
very good interview, I think Pat will fit in well and succeed in making Bristol a top force.

Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 08:08
Link to full 18 minute interview that Pat has given to Steve Cotton;

[vimeo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 08:10 by Pasty Exile.

MrGreyUK (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 08:53
Thanks for the link Pasty Exile

Excellent interview

I'm getting sooooo excited!!

MrGreyUK
Older - But no wiser

grasmith (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 11:50
I love the mans style but it willl be interesting to see how his vision and methods impacts on the players, particularly those who were signed up under previous regimes.

BigO (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 12:37
Quote:
Pasty Exile
Link to full 18 minute interview that Pat has given to Steve Cotton;
[vimeo.com]

Great to see Steve Cotton back on the scene!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 13:11
I love the mans style but it willl be interesting to see how his vision and methods impacts on the players, particularly those who were signed up under previous regimes

those who wouldn't prosper under Lam would no doubt have been identified and let go, I suspect

Olly (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 17:48
We obviously only see one side of the man but what is clear is his personality is the complete opposite to AR. It looks to me that he encourages players rather than beating them with the big stick. But that said there will be times a hard edge will be necessary. He ones across as being clear and precise in what he wants the Bristol to achieve and if he can bring that out in the players and the club which I believe he can then we are in for some interesting times. He's already done more in the short time he has been here to engage with the fans than AR ever did. His friendly approachable nature has to be good for the club as a whole.
That said we need to give the man time to clear up the mess he walked into. He needs the backing and full support of the club and Bristol sport if he is to succeed.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 23:47
Olly, not sure I agree with your opinions of A Robinson in the above post but agree Lam appears to be settling in okay. It's very early yet and we have no real way to gauge his impact so far.

Olly (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 07:17
Wasn't meant to be a criticism but rather an observation. Nor do I hold AR totally responsible for the mess we found ourselves in as those above him must also shoulder some of the blame. But my first impressions of Pat Lam are that he is very approachable guy.Willing to give much more time to the media. Is a good communicator, wants to put Bristol back into the community. A focused individual with s clear vision of what he wants Bristol to achieve. In not saying AR didn't want any of that but more the way he went about achieving it being very different.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 08:33
The vision Pat Lam has set out is virtually identical to that of every other head coach we have had since Bob Dwyer. You could swap almost word for word interviews from Liam Middleton or, yes, Andy Robinson into things Lam has said and not tell the difference. It isn't the vision that is the problem, it's the execution.

Now I found AR to be perfectly approachable and a real rugby enthusiast but I'm aware that many people base their opinion on the fact he has a face for radio. Lam may be more personable but let's see what he achieves with what looks like even greater resources than were made available to AR. And, when we have achieved promotion at the first time of asking, he actually manages to keep us in the Premiership for more than one season.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 12:25
Robbo held a very good fans forum in his early days here up at the Mem, and said he wanted to do so regularly, came across very well and approachable. Don't know why that never really happened, which seemed to lead to the gap widening between him and the fans.

I think in my time here Hilly was the best coach at interaction with the fans until late in his reign. Given the state of the club then I think he always had more good will from the fans, and less money to spend, than Robbo in his time, despite both being die hard Barfers.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

AGS (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 17:09
Yes at that event Robbo said he wanted to make it a regular thing, but apart from the event before the 2015 playoffs up at Cleve, all we got was an annual pre-season talk at Clifton. The end of season dinner was last held in 2015, and now replaced with an annual Bristol Sport event for their sponsors only.

Tainton's talk for the Bris Trust was good, but poorly attended.

Whatever Lam does (as I'm sure he will) is going to be an improvement on the slim pickings we get at the moment. Will be interesting to see the turnout at the BBC radio Bristol event at Ashton Gate with Lam on the 31st July

Olly (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 17:33
Why always schedule these things on a weekday?? Same with Bristol trust quiz nights etc I can't get to them.. oh hum

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 18:05
Quote:
AGS

Whatever Lam does (as I'm sure he will) is going to be an improvement on the slim pickings we get at the moment. Will be interesting to see the turnout at the BBC radio Bristol event at Ashton Gate with Lam on the 31st July

Has this event been advertised anywhere? I've just ferreted round the internet and finally found this

Apply for tickets to Radio Bris forum with Pat Lam

Brisman (IP Logged)
23 July, 2017 18:46
I've already reserved two tickets for this, looking forward to it, hoping they'll secure some more decent guests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/07/2017 18:47 by Brisman.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net