rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Pre season games
Seedub (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 21:55
The X49 stops just by the ground. Leaves Bristol Bus station at 5 mins past the hour I believe

Emersons (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 12:32
Does anyone know if the season tickets for new season ticket holders will be issued before the 5th August? If not, will proof of application/payment be accepted by Cleve on the gate?

Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 12:43
The club website now says that Season card holders will have free admission to the opening fixture versus Harlequins and should bring a copy of the confirmation email for their 2017/18 season card booking as proof of entry.It looks like the following two games at Clifton will be all pay.

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

MrGreyUK (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 14:21
I guess all we have to pray for
is that our new season tickets arrive before 5 August!!

MrGreyUK
Older - But no wiser

Olly (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 14:56
I booked tickets for the Clifton games using the number on my old card. No questions asked.

If my glass is ever half empty please feel free to top it up.

BigO (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 09:39
Quote:
MrGreyUK
I guess all we have to pray for
is that our new season tickets arrive before 5 August!!

Pretty sure I saw something recently saying there won't be new season cards this season unless you are moving seats - you have to re-use last years*. But you can get a new fixture card and plastic wallet from Ashton Gate if you need it.

I usually bin my season ticket at the end of each season, but didn't this year... thankfully.

* Edit - just checked with the club and this is correct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2017 09:50 by BigO.

airdog (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 10:25
Mine is a senior season card and am keeping my same seat . I questioned over the phone when I renewed months ago how if I had to use my existing card as we had been told the staff would know to give the improved discount of 15% instead of the current 10% .
I was told that in fact despite what we had been told we would be issued new cards that in the case of us coffin dodgers would say 65 plus as opposed to the current 65+ so staff would apply the new rate .
The guy at the time seemed a bit vague so I decided a few weeks ago to ask for confirmation by e.mail . I was told the following .... I would get a new card which I should receive by the end of July and the new discount rate would apply from August 1st .
I hope that is helpful but can I suggest if your still have queries you phone 0117 9630600 and speak to one of the staff that shouldnt be too busy at this time of the year and I have always found to be helpful .
A bit 20th century I know to suggest talking to a human being as opposed to doing everything on line but there you go .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2017 10:35 by airdog.

Wyn (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 17:26
Hi all - really looking forward to hosting the pre-season friendlies.

A lot of preparation and planning has already gone into the events to ensure that there are great facilities for all to enjoy on the day.

Extra bar capacity on all four sides of the pitch as well as catering, toilets, mobile cash-less pay systems etc will be provided to spread the crowd out around the ground.

It was busy last year for the Wasps match (which came to us late), this time we've had more notice and time to plan. All feedback from last time has been taken into planning.

Keep an eye on the website for info about parking and public transport options - being a Saturday rather than last year's Bank Holiday Sunday will help!

I look forward to seeing you all there!

#CmonBris

airdog (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 06:25
thanks Wyn , the guy from Cleve in his post says entry on the gate will be free to 2017/18 season card holders so please confirm if thats the same for the games at Clifton or will we need a ticket ?
Always a good day out at Clifton , good luck for the new season .

Olly (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 06:59
Ref Clifton it's half price for season ticket holders £6. Can't really complain that's cheap for a Bristol v Baf and they will have extra bars around the pitch this year and a little extra to help fund a local club has to be a good thing in my opinion.

Wyn (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 08:07
I can confirm - The entry is £6 for season ticket holders. General admission is £12.

It is free for U16s and £6 for students and o65s

Tickets are available online Tickets Here

Here's some travel stuff to help plan the day should you wish to leave the car at home!

We are planning and preparing hard for a big crowd and with a special focus on providing plentiful food and drink stalls all around the pitch. There will also be multiple toilet facilities (including disabled access units).

If you plan on travelling by car, please use SatNav BS10 7TB

We are just one mile off junction 17 of the M5 (close to Cribbs Causeway’s The Mall).

However, I would recommend coming by public transport, the bus stops very close and links directly to Bristol Temple Meads station.

Bus #1 or Bus #2 are frequent, take about an hour and come within 50m of our gate.

Bus Routes

A taxi from Temple Meads (according to my Uber app) would be around £20 and take 25 minutes.

If you come from Bristol Parkway station…

Bus #19 or Bus #82 (among others) takes you Cribbs Causeway, The Mall

You can change there onto a Bus #1 or Bus #2 (5 mins wait), or walk from The Mall, which would take about 25 mins.

A taxi on the same route (Uber again), about 10 mins and about £10.

As it’s a Saturday, all public transport is running and until long after the match is over so you can stay for a pint smiling smiley

Any queries, keep an eye on Clifton RFC website, or drop an email to clubhouse@cliftonrugby.co.uk

Tickets Here

Best wishes,

Wyn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/07/2017 08:09 by Wyn.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 08:27
Blimey Wyn, sounds like you're better prepared than Bristol Sport at AG!

airdog (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 09:07
thanks again Wyn apologies in I am being a bit thick but as an over 65 season card holder do I still have to apply for a ticket or can I just turn up and show my card on the gate ?
Also am I right in thinking the 76 bus also stops just past the ground and would be the best option for those coming from the Gloucester Road area .

Olly (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 09:08
Wyn There are also the numbers 76 ( Hengrove, Gloucester rd southmead) and 3 ( broadmead, shirehampton, avonmouth) they use the same stops at Crfc So plenty of choices from all over the city.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net