rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Interviews To Be Bristol Captain!!!!
Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 22:28
Lam has stated that the players will have to sit an interview to be selected for the Bristol Captain!!

Different ... never heard of it done before ..... but I like the approach!

Lam is definitely going to shake things up at Bristol!

Re: Interviews To Be Bristol Captain!!!!
Peter D (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 23:17
Not just captain but members of leadership team.

airdog (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 10:26
the more I see and hear from this guy the more impressed I am . This club and its supporters have had one setback/disaster after another over the past 20 odd years but after a number of false dawns I really think Pat is the man who over the next 3 will take us back to where we always were when I was a lad namely one of the top teams in England with always at least 1 player in the national team .
As supporters all we can do is to continue to give our support by turning up in person , at risk of sending Big Daves blood pressure through the roof there are positives in the championship mainly going to away games to some lovely old traditional grounds at mixing with people who are there not out of expectations of glory but for the simple love of their club and the game of Rugby Union . That said of course in the professional era I want us to get as high up the leagues as possible .
I would therefore make a plea to anyone still undecided whether to renew your season ticket then please do , the club is clearly committed but if you choose not to then of course that is your decision but if that is the case please do not call yourself a Bristol supporter as you clearly would have given up that right .

SimonB (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 11:18
Totally agree with your post airdog apart from last sentence. Many supporters chose not to buy a season ticket and the changes in fixture days do not help some. The 27k seats available also put no pressure on regulars to buy a season ticket as is the case at say Tigers and Saints where you often won't get in without one. This does not make them any less valued supporters. If we play good rugby then people will still come, and I suspect our away support will be as good as ever in the championship for the reasons you state.

For those who don't buy a season ticket the forever Bristol membership offers very good value with discounts off.

airdog (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 12:25
fair point Simon , in the past work schedules meant it was not sensible for me to get a season ticket as Sunday games were a no no for me .
Lets therefore make the plea that try to attend whenever possible and not just wait til we are back in the prem .It will be interesting to see what our average gates will be next term , I reckon they will be greater than some in the top tier .

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 06:36
I wouldn't be so hard on people who haven't renewed I would imagine for a few last season was simply the last straw

airdog (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 09:09
if people feel like that so be it thats their choice , my point is if they are so fickle that they only support a team when they are winning then they are not genuine supporters and should perhaps consider switching their allegiance to them down the road where they will find 13,000 odd like minded souls who think they have a god given right to always be successful .

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 11:08
You can't blame the "fickle" nature of people choosing not to renew STs when the club are fickle about the days they choose to hold matches, after many people have already shelled out for STs and then realise they can't go half of the time

KingoftheHill (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 12:29
Take it easy guys.We have to recognize that we have a core support who will follow whatever (I remember standing on the terraces watching City play in the old 4th division), and a floating support who will come to see a top flight product but not too bothered watching if we are in the Championship (cant see the England or Lions stars)

Olly (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 19:03
Purely Looking at early season ticket sales I would say the few fickle supporters we lost have been more than replaced by the many who now believe.

If my glass is ever half empty please feel free to top it up.

bootyblade (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 07:03
Well said Standardprocedure. Totally agree. Have been a ST holder for many years since moving to Bristol but due to my commitment to my local club find the Saturday fixtures a waste of my "well earned". Have been informed by Bristol Sport that there will be no refunds. So, slightly peeved but hey ho! Will be at the rest of the games.

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:08
Airdog, given the continued failure of the club on and off the field and the premiership season of utter shambles, its very unfair to throw the fickle tag at people just because after years of poor planning, poor decisions and poor recruitment they cant tolerate failure anymore. If people continue to support an organisation that continually fails more through stupidity and poor leadership, fair play, other long term fans like to choose differently, so lets stop with the name calling ok.

airdog (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 12:53
whats done is done and in the past and nothing is going to change that but surely the fact is the club is the strongest position on and off the field it has ever been in my 60 + years of support so for some to say they have reached the end of their tether is if not fickle is I would have thought a bit strange to say the least , but as I have said before its their choice .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net