rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Bristol Captain
Platwell House (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:06
Whose the number one choice for the job according to all on the forum? I am going with Jordan Crane.

Re: New Bristol Captain
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:26
I'm going totally left field and saying Sam Jefferies!

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:28
I agree - Crane's probably got the best credentials and, in our new set up, we want people used to winning to lead from the front. Dai Lemi would be a good 'club captain' however. Not really sure who else would stand out? Olly R?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2017 21:29 by Motherrucker1982.

Cotman (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 22:16
Crane no no no we need a bristol lad born and bread.

Rich. (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 22:28
We certainly need someone with pretty guaranteed of a regular place in the team! Imo that discounts Jordan

Cardiffexile (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 22:56
I think Robinson or Fenton-Wells would both make excellent captains. Would be happy with either....I reckon both will put their hands up to be interviewed at least.

bs11 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 23:01
If I was in Lams shoes I'd appoint a club captain then pick a captain each week and I would spread it around all season and see who really puts their hand up as a leader.

AGS (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 01:05
I'd like to see Robinson as Captain, as he's good with the ref. What's most important is developing the rest of the leadership across the team

Furriner (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 08:29
Being able to relate with the refs is bound to be an important attribute given how many infringements take place in pro rugby.

I'm not fussed about him being a local lad. I'd be happy to see Robinson or Crane in the role.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 09:20
Impressed with Robinson when he was captain last season.

airdog (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 10:34
the important thing I would have thought would be to pick a captain who needs to be a first on the team sheet guy not only for this coming season but the following term back in the prem for consistency sake .
Who that is I have no idea so like everything else its is a case of in Pat we have to trust .

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 10:42
Problem there is that your best player (i.e. one who is a nailed-on starter) also needs to have the right attributes to be an effective captain whilst also doing their 'day job' of playing. There aren't many that tick both boxes.

For that reason I'd prefer to see a club captain and a matchday captain picked from a leadership group of 4 or 5 players (so that there's a degree a consistency rather than someone new every other week).

JamboBris (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 11:49
Robinson for me.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 12:17
Robinson would be my second choice. I have been impressed with his attitude and his captain skills when asked to do so. Things could have gone very 'George Ford' for Robbo Jnr however he never let it happen, he showed grit and class and for it the respect of many a Bristol fan.

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 13:18
Robinson for me
Crane is a massive no no imho

BigO (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 15:01
Quote:
bs11
If I was in Lams shoes I'd appoint a club captain then pick a captain each week and I would spread it around all season and see who really puts their hand up as a leader.

Agree with much of this. Always difficult to appoint a leader until you've seen them in the heat of a battle. Interviews are one thing - leading by example on the pitch and getting results is another entirely. The best leaders always take time to emerge. Having said that, I was always impressed with Robbo Jnr when he did the job last year, at times under very difficult personal circumstances.

APPLES (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 16:20
wouldn't be surprised if we saw a club captain and matchday captain hence the leadership group

so much competition in that back row, though it looks most likely area for a captain to emerge

outside bet to be involved in leadership group: Ross McMillan

Cotman (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 16:22
After much thought i would also go with robinson.
He was great last season and to renew his contract after his dad got the boot says alot about the man.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 20:43
I was very impressed with Olly last season in the games he captained. He gets my thumbs up

Big Dave (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 21:29
Quote:
Cotman
Crane no no no we need a bristol lad born and bread.

It would be nice if this was in addition to being the best for the job, but not a "need", surely?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net