rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Bath friendly
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:06
Missed the game due to other commitments, but saw the HT and FT scores.

Anything of note? Which players caught the eye?

Re: Bath friendly
Cotman (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:20
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Missed the game due to other commitments, but saw the HT and FT scores.
Anything of note? Which players caught the eye?

KEY MOMENT
Luke Morahan's composure saw the debutant cross in the final play of the game to take Bristol Rugby back within three points at the final whistle.
MAN OF THE MATCH
Joe Latta delivered an impressive second half display, linking up well in attack and looking solid at the set-piece. An assured display by the Kiwi lock.

Copied and pasted from Bristol rugby website smiling smiley

Cotman (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:21

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:34
Very enjoyable. We're playing really exciting but nerve wracking rugby with ball in hand. Very little kicking the ball away. Defence 2nd half very good. Scrum slightly suspect but all in all very encouraging.
Thought Jordan Williams was excellent, as he was last week.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:48
Yes I thought he (Jordan) got involved in the game from the start last week.

Welsh bias aside, I really hope he fulfills his potential. Since his u20s days he has been one of the most gifted players out there, but never seemed to get a run of games in one position.

LloydsBris (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:53
Very interesting game to watch seemed like b##th were playing normal game plan while bristol are focusing on getting ball through the hands. Bristol looked to avoid kicking the ball for the majority of game and forwards looked like the task was to not to take ball into contact. Exactly what warm up should be focussing on specific skills!

Furriner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 08:25
I went with low expectations then thoroughly enjoyed the game. Lots of exciting rugby, and it looked as if Bris's plan was to run Bath ragged. They almost succeeded.

My main criticism is being unable to identify half the Bris team because there are so many new faces and the Offy hasn't got the photos up yet. Very frustrating, especially as many of them look like excellent prospects. Only a couple of them looked out of place. That poor sod from Clifton having to scrummage against Auterac on his debut. Ouch!

Field marshall (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:43
What a fun game that was! Great to see the game form that close up, and a brilliant day put on by Clifton. Latta is a proper strong bloke, all of the half backs looked good (not sure who the ponytailed chap is), Varndell brings so much, he constantly chatting and called one of the bath tries well early and everyone ignored him! I did't realise how physical he is, it was an eye opener. Jeffries took a whack being hit by banahan at FULL tilt. Scrum looked shonky. Those second half offloads! They were all at it, it was great to watch.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 15:37
Here's a few images from the match...
[www.flickr.com]

Olly (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 20:03
I agree a great day and one I will be repeating next week. Great to see the new game plan coming together though it will take time for it to become second nature to the squad as a whole. Oh how wonderful to see an end to that constant & pointless aerial ping pong of old which used to frustrate the hell out of me. Now Keeping the ball in hand and moving is far more entertaining as far as I am concerned. Yes we shipped some silly points (nothing new there?) but I believe it will all come together in the next few weeks.
Expected to see many more in attendance for a local derby even if only a preseason friendly. Would be great to see more of you Next week. beer is Cheap enough, busses every few mins and even a rugby match to watch. what more do you need?
Hats off to Clifton again for laying everything on great job done fellas.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 09:40
Field marshal The guy with the ponytail is Ryan Glynn young scrum half signed from one of the lower leagues Didn't see Barf game,but he had 30 minutes or so last week v Quins thought he looked sharp as did Riess Cullen. Looks like we have 3 young and exciting no 9s
Exciting times.

Bristol_Fan (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 10:57
the number 12 in the first half looked good, i have a feeling it might have been sam bedlow

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 12:09
Blimey, I just saw the highlights on the off and it looked like entertaining stuff.

What a difference to that awful pre-season game at the Wreck a few seasons ago!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net