rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

David Lemi
Olly (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 19:52
David Lemi AKA The roadrunner stands today as our clubs record try scorer.
A huge congratulations to him. This is some achievement and stands as testament to all David has done for Bristol rugby club. Well done David and here's to many more.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Re: David Lemi
Pirate15 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:34
Pirates fan in peace.
David Lemi is not only a try scorer but his pace to get back and make a try saving tackle on his opposite number today may have won you the game. A great player,person and a credit to himself and your club.
Just out of interest is it Alan Morleys club record that he broke today?

Peter_B (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:43
No it is the record in competitive matches.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

robtheh (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Pirate15
Pirates fan in peace.
David Lemi is not only a try scorer but his pace to get back and make a try saving tackle on his opposite number today may have won you the game. A great player,person and a credit to himself and your club.

I may be wrong but the wording was about him being Bristols highest competitive try scorer.
I know he's not broken Morley's record, but I think it might have been Sean Marsden's.

And absolutely agree with plaudits above; such a great player and a great man.
Bristol Legend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 20:45 by robtheh.

henlil (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:46
Its try scoring in league rugby. Alan Morley's record will stand for some time me thinks.

Seedub (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 21:16
If it wasn't for Lemi the result would have been a lot different today. THE stand out player, hat trick of tries. A try saving tackle and some lovely jinking runs, one of which left the pirates defence heading in the wrong direction. Fair play to you David, we have a lot to thank you for

JimboFB (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 21:42
And just think he spent 5yrs 'on loan' at other clubs before he came back!

Arise, Sir David of Lemishire

bs11 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 22:53
There was an article in the rugby paper today about the best ever foreign players in the premiership I can't personally think of a better foreign signing for Bristol than the big man.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 11:21
Hear hear ...Lemi is still a class act. Legend status at Bristol now !

Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:32
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Pirate15
Pirates fan in peace.

I may be wrong but the wording was about him being Bristols highest competitive try scorer.
I know he's not broken Morley's record, but I think it might have been Sean Marsden's.

And absolutely agree with plaudits above; such a great player and a great man.
Bristol Legend.

I believe it was George Watkins, but I stand to be corrected.

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 20:30
Having had today to reflect on such a great game yesterday (more for the neutral than as a Bris supporter I grant you) I dont think I have ever seen such a stand out overall performance from Sir David. He totally kept them guessing and bamboozled them at every opportunity, his hat trick try was pure opportunism and audacious skill.
But for us on the Pirates 22 his timing and textbook tackle to prevent a try for them was out of this world.The Pirates winger was faster than Lemi in a straight line, but Lemi just forced him sligtly wider so he had an angle to take his legs. He only had a split second to get it right, just fantastic skill and a brilliant lesson for the ball boy watching who was already cheering a try!
Thanks to Pirates for making us so welcome, great afternoon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net