rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Players out injured
groovybaz (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:01
Ok, it's not been the best start but there's some incredible depth to come back in when fit....& mostly in the forwards area....

Cortes
Fenton-Wells (big fan)
Lam
Leiua
McMillan
Piutau
Tuohy
Vui

Keeping positive, but relieved we've avoided a banana skin so far

Re: Players out injured
Cotman (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:24
Most of the above will be available for selection for the next game aswell.

groovybaz (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 07:58
Yes I think the actual first choice xv if all available would be a little different to what we've seen so far.
Even to have one player of the quality above coming back is one thing, really looking forward to seeing Vui getting involved. Apparently he was critical to the Worcester lineout organisation.

Pathfinder (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 10:18
I'd agree that our tight five have struggled a bit so far this season. Perhaps partly as a result of the very significant departures in this area compared to last season? Genge, Traynor, Ford-Robinson, Perenise, Jones, Brooker, Sorensen, Evans, Glynn.......

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:02
If the above are available then, along with o'connell, I would pick the following for the next game:

o' connell
Macmillan
Cortes
Tuohy
Latta
Lam
fenton-wells
Luatua

That would be a completely different proposition to the pack from the previous two games. That pack should be starting to look more like a premiership level pack.

Earlsbris (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:10
Plus Vui & Olly Robinson - makes pack look a lot better

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:43
Jefferies should be starting IMHO, albeit not in the second row. He's a tall backrower. winking smiley

Graham_U (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 08:50
Agreed Rinky, or at least rotating on the bench to keep his development going, think he is much better running off the back of the scrum than as a lightweight in the boiler room. I've not been as impressed as most with Hanning at 8, seem to rest on the wing too much for me without offering a real threat.

I'd like to see Jefferies Luatua and Vui sharing 6/8, ideally freeing up Thomas to do his whippet stuff at 7, although he has some areas to work on to reach his potential. Olly and Lam seem to be more 6/7 style than back support, and Olly has never let us down but Lam has not been near his best for two seasons.

We desperately need Gaston back to sure up the scrum, but we have some good LHs on paper that have not looked it on the pitch so far. I think we really need to see Bakewell proving his worth, as in my view he has been given an easy ride so far. The only forwards coach to make a real different since Haag is Borthwick who make a huge difference in his 43 days.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net