rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Pirates at Ashton Gate
Jimeno (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 10:44
Rescheduled for Friday 22nd Dec 19.45 - and on telly.

Rescheduled fixture

Re: Pirates at Ashton Gate
Olly (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 11:34
So now the Pirate fans have a 400 mile journey on a Friday night? Bet they will love Sky for that one almost as much as I dislike them.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

SimonB (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 15:42
Another case of TV money ruining a great festive fixture. This will cut the gate by '000s as many who would have enjoyed the afternoon lead up to Xmas will not be able to make it.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 16:43
I dunno, you'll probably get a lot more casual fans making a night of it the Friday before Christmas, busiest night out of the year etc.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 18:16
Quote:
SimonB
Another case of TV money ruining a great festive fixture. This will cut the gate by '000s as many who would have enjoyed the afternoon lead up to Xmas will not be able to make it.

Hopefully not, great start to the festive weekend. I'm looking forward to it at least!

Portisteve (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 18:24
Works nicely for me - my bday so pretty pleased!
Plus as above club should really be able to tap into the casual fan for a bit of sporting Christmas entertainment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 18:25 by Portisteve.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 18:34
Quote:
Portisteve
Works nicely for me - my bday so pretty pleased!
Plus as above club should really be able to tap into the casual fan for a bit of sporting Christmas entertainment
My birthday as well Portisteve! As is my best mate who is Bristol through and through! Can't wait now!

Olly (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 19:01
Funnily enough it looks as though I might have to miss it as the wonderful company I work for are trying to change my shifts yet again. But that aside it's a local Derby for the Pirates in so much as we are the closest club they will play. A 200 miles each way trip on a Friday evening in December is no fun for them and will stop a good few traveling, not that Sky give a jot about any fan from any club.
Perhaps Mr or Mrs Pirate would like to do some last min Xmas shopping in the big city whilst the other half watches the rugby?

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 22:27
According to previous threads; are we not due to be celebrating promotion at Christmas....

Quote:
thorpebayexile
It matters not a jot what we say on this forum, read by a relative handful of people. The fact is that to be successful we have to dominate the league and have sown it all up by January. It's not being arrogant, it's what a premiership side would have to do.

On a personal level Friday 22nd works better for me and I agree with Wagwan that it will lead to a bigger crowd.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 23:06
Given that it's live on sky and people are moaning about admission prices how will it lead to a higher attendance ?

Whagwan (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 05:38
See post four.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 09:35
Presumably, both clubs are also adequately compensated moneywise?
A shame for season card holders who can't make evening matches though.

JWTaljaard (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 19:51
Last Friday before Christmas Day. Won't be pleasant walking through town after.

Taljaard

airdog (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 06:12
I would be more concerned about he state of some people in the ground who may well have spent the afternoon drinking following an early finish at work .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net