rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Danny Wilson
AGS (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 13:13
Has turned down an extension of his contract with Cardiff and will be leaving at the end of the season. Rumours have been circulating for a few days that's he's heading off to be the new Northampton forwards coach, replacing Dorian West. I for one would welcome Wilson back as our forwards coach - under his coaching was the last time we were able to successfully defend a maul.

Re: Danny Wilson
Platwell House (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 17:15
Cardiff Blues are a bit of a mess to be honest, I guess maybe he sees no way to improve the situation which has been hanging over the region for years. I do feel for the fans, they have suffered because of boardroom mismanagement. Danny will thrive at Northampton, that is if he ends up there.

APPLES (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 17:29
I'll stick with Bakewell thanks, just with some more firepower, (front row in particular)...we look small...esp against prem opposition...need a bit more ballast!

Martin Haag on other hand, my arms are open

Big Dave (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 18:53
Why would we take Haag over Bakewell, seeing as that would surely be the choice?

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 20:40
Everyone has the right to choose their own path. Danny decided to choose Cardiff as opposed to remain with Bristol so I don't want him back. Especially as he hasn't seemingly improved on the situation he inherited at Cardiff. He is vaunted as a great coach but I haven't seen anything to justify that tag.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 21:43
I thought he was better as cymbwy12 on here.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 22:09
Who was Cymru12? Where is he or she now?

AGS (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 08:02
Quote:
Big Dave

Had the inside info on signings but stopped posting when Holley moved on. Whether it was Holley, or maybe someone close to him?

Platwell House (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 08:22
Quote:
AGS
Quote:
Big Dave

Had the inside info on signings but stopped posting when Holley moved on. Whether it was Holley, or maybe someone close to him?

Could be, may have been Matt Sherratt, he left for Cardiff after promotion.

Those days seem so long ago. I follow Sean Holley on instagram out of curiosity, spends most of his time in the gym or attending posh event rugby lunches with ex players. Easier life than head coach of a rugby club.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 11:59
Whilst he seemed like a good genuine coach I can not say he was particularly successful with our forwards. But then since Haagy they have never looked as good as they should do with the brief exception of Borthwick's short stay when there was a massive improvement, particularly in the maul defence. I heard Ian Evan's on the flats and Shanks podcast saying how impressed he was with Borwick at the time. I'd say Bakewell need to up his game, or get a bigger say in recruitment, or we will be looking for a change in the not too distant future.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

AGS (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:30
Worth a read. Note how he repeatedly references his family - does he still live locally to us? Also says his future could lie in a more junior role such as forwards coach [www.walesonline.co.uk]

Paulie (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 19:06
Think saying you wouldnt want him back is harsh. He left to be Head Coach at one of the Welsh Provinces rather than stay here and be a fowards coach in the Championship. I'd say it was a fair enough career progression. Also sounds like he was made promises on funding or recruitment which weren't met. And I personally thought the forwards went pretty well under him and apart from the brief interlude with Borthwick have gone backwards since (admittedly at a higher level last season).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net