rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Rugby Virgins!
Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 22:17
I have friends coming to their first ever Rugby match on Sunday, to witness the Glory and Splender known as Bristol Rugby Football Club. These friends are from the Czech Republic, and are excited about the game. They are amazed by the tackles, and the lack of padding etc. This has got me wondering, what's the furthest anyone has traveled to see Bristol? They also seem excited about trying a pastie, I think I need to manager their expectations on that one!

Re: Rugby Virgins!
Emersons (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 22:28
Knowle Blue,

Hope it doesn’t mess up your plans but the game this weekend is on Saturday, 2:30kick off

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 04:27
Thanks Emersons, I did mean Saturday.. they fly back Sunday. As usual with me, head in the clouds.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 06:39
I once arranged leave so I could get back from South Georgia to a game. The islands, not the country or US state. Does that count?

Olly (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 07:27
Perhaps it’s time Bristol Rugby encouraged some of our many foreign nationals to come along for a game or two? There are probably tens of thousands who have never experienced a rugby match living in and around Bristol. I know a couple of Polish guys who enjoy rugby one who’s son plays for WSM and another in Bristol. Perhaps our advertising dept should broaden its horizon??

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:09
Good point Olly, my two friends are so intrigued by the game. I've tried to explain the finer points of our beloved rugby, Like the obvious Laws: One shalt not support Bath. Two: Thou shalt drink and act with dignity towards other supporters, as they worship a false god (team) Three: Thou shalt not covert thy neighbors pastie. Four: the opposition are perminatly off side. Five: Jesus can walk on water, but Pat Lam can swim through land.
The rest they can pick up along the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 20:53 by Knowle Blue.

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:21
Knowledge blue you forgot the obvious one The ref is ALWAYS WRONG especially at scrum time

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:22
Good analysis of the obvious Laws Knowle Blue.

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:27
Albertformia, I feel deeply ashamed by my obvious mistake. I will punish my liver suitably at the game Saturday, as my penance. Oh the shame that I've brought upon my household..
looking forward to a good crowd on Saturday

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:31
Have a feeling it may be a bit flat on the crowd front, especially on the back of the Ealing game.

Hope I'm wrong and I'll be shouting as ever. Cold doesn't help though.

stufowell69 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 12:56
Two more Laws to make them aware of:
Six: Shout "Every time, ref" the first time the opposition concede a penalty
Seven: The opposition never throw in straight but it's never called
smiling smiley

MikSwe (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:08
Knowle Blue - Having London Scottish visit means we might also have the joy that is BAGPIPES

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 17:44
Joy? What's joyful about listening to a noise akin to strangling a bag of cats? (Sm20)

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 18:33
You weren't part of that scrap metal collecting group of South Georgia were you Gray,we have had a long association with Argentina at Bris Rugby

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 06:50
More the cleaning up of the scrap metal collectors.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 12:24
In my younger days used to make sure I travelled back from work trips to Chicago for matches, always made sure multi week never covered a match weekend.

I like the pipes played well in the right setting, ie. outside and not the neighbours kitchen to my flat on a Sunday morning when I lived in Edinburgh! As for the LS piper, despite the full regalia, that guy is pretty poor and does sound awful. Even the very young kids that busk on the way to Murrayfield are a lot better.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:42
Gray_Lensman.. I get the idea you may have been a man of green. I salute you Sir. I too served (Army) a question to all, I appreciate this may sound crass, but is there any way of getting my Czech friend shouted out by the entertaining guy on the mic (always found him good value)

Peter D (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 21:06
Contact Slick by email slick@bristolrugby.co.uk or Twitter @slickbristol

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 22:42
Thanks Peter D.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 01:44
Does Slick still frequent these forums?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net