rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Franco Mostert
Cotman (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 18:25
South African international lock Franco Mostert linked with a move to Bristol Rugby

Re: Franco Mostert
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:19
Along with six others according to the paper!

Platwell House (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:03
Excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of the guy, who are the other six?

Furriner (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:15
He's 26, is 6'6" and has 14 caps. According to Wikipedia

Platwell House (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:18
A bit of a unit then like Ian Evans. I am going to YouTube the lad tonight

St00 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:35
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Telegraph rate him as the best non-All Black 2nd row in the Championship. Internet also says most teams in the NH are chasing him.

I guess he's our fall back if we fail to bring in Whitelock or Retallick ><

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:48
I've noticed him playing for South Africa and the Lions and he's very good for sure.

dpw (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:43
Bristol Post report here.............

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

dpw

Furriner (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:56
Also linked with Glaws. That's plausible given their Saffer connection

cuddles (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:37
EQP is what we should be exploring

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:40
Quote:
Furriner
Also linked with Glaws. That's plausible given their Saffer connection

Ackerman was his DOR at Lions so if he liked and rated him as a DOR then Glaws would seem favourite.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 00:55
Do we need another lock? We have quite a few and of decent quality. More concerned about props at the moment as I'm not sure we have the depth for the prem.

Olly (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 01:50
Agents just putting the Bristol name in the mix to push up money and interest. Believe what you see not what you read imo.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:39
Quote:
Rinkadink
Do we need another lock? We have quite a few and of decent quality. More concerned about props at the moment as I'm not sure we have the depth for the prem.

Yes but he's a class above. He's also a skillful player with good hands, fitness and speed - which would fit brilliantly with the PT game plan. There was a discussion on Scarlets here in the summer and to me and others the reason they have done so well in the last 9 months is primarily due to the ball playing skills of their forwards. yes they have great backs but these days having 7 skillful ball players Is not enough - and that is why Scarlets won the pro 14 and why New Zealand are the best team in the world.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 11:11
Remember, if we do go up we will be playing teams with the likes of maro, kruis, launchbury, etc etc at lock. We will need strengthening at prop and lock and possibly in my view at scrum half

Cotman (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 11:34
Quote:
Rinkadink

Before Pat Lam arrived some of our locks were half way through contracts.so some of our locks have a future contract some don't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net