rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bristol Ladies, whatís going on?
Olly (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:52
Is there problems within Bristol Ladies?? Granted I donít know as much as perhaps I should about the ladies set up and we all know the difficulties caused by the contract issues but having had several international players leave the club Iím now reading that head coach Kris de Scossa Has left by mutual consent.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Re: Bristol Ladies, whatís going on?
Chris holi (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:07
Someone offering money is my guess, probobally Wasps as that's were a load of them seem to be heading.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 17:27
I presume the club wont spend more money in this area.

AGS (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 18:09
Someone told me at the weekend that there were some issues between the club and Kris but that they were getting sorted soon, and I guess him leaving by mutual consent is what they were referring to. I wasn't sure whether they meant between him and the ladies team or between him and Bristol sport management. I've no idea what it was about though.

Bod (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 21:23
I'm not too sure about the why's and wherefores. All I know is that he's an excellent coach and will be missed.
Good Cup win today by a VERY young team who played some great heads-up Rugby against a gritty Darlington side. Really encouraged by the talent coming through to replace those moving towards the end of their Prem time at Bristol Ladies Rugby.
Harlequins at Stoop next Saturday

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2017 21:40 by Bod.

Olly (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 04:17
Whatever the issues if indeed there were any I hope alls sorted and the Ladies game can continue to grow at Bristol.
Really impressed by the result yesterday and congratulations to the Bristol eight who have been selected for the extended England training camp it says to me that their hard work is being rewarded and rightly so. Well done to all.
Need the girls back at Ashton Gate very soon imo.

Olly (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 01:54
Eight for England training camp now eight for Wales training camp. Well done all you ladies wow what a talented lot you are congrats to all.

Bris nut (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 10:39
Good calls here
When did the menís team have 8 in England squad
And 8 In Wales ? Neverl

Bod (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 13:06
Don't forget Clare Milloy the Ireland WRWC Captain!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 16:53
Playing at the Stoop tomorrow. More AG definitely required as the home venue for BLR, the demand is there.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 08:39
Definitely don't forget Molloy Bod, at the match at AG I thought she was best of the lot.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Bod (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 17:14
KO 2pm tomorrow at Cleve RFV b Wasps

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 20:27
So what's going on with the coaching now?

I'd say the ladies were poised to make huge ground with the backing of BS and a really successful double header event. I hope we don't go backwards from here. Bristol could have been at the forefront of something really good.

Bod (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 20:42
Kim Oliver now HC.
True Bristol through and through and the players really look up to her.
The exciting prospects are the rising 18-20 year olds. Jeez are there some blinding young prospects coming through, and below as well at 16/17 year old level.
Bristol Ladies Rugby will be one of the preeminent Womens clubs in Europe in 2-3 years time without a doubt.

BrisMark (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:04
Another departure announced today - what is going on? Bris Ladies have lost loads of players this season

Chris holi (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:32
Went to watch them vs Wasps on the weekend apparently the ladies teams are not allowed to pay players, however they can find them nice little well payed "jobs" in the local universities or player coach etc etc that enable them to play full time while working.

Olly (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:16
Itís a bit of a shocker Iíve lost count of how many internationals have walked away this season. Even the coach went and now Sasha Acheson!! How many more will go??
Chris H are we really saying that the likes of Hartpury can find lots of jobs for the ladies but a city the size of Bristol with their two universities and itís colleges canít??? I donít buy it.

Chris holi (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 16:26
Think we've mainly lost players to harlequins, wasps and saracens (i think). I thought Bristol Ladies were supported financially by Bristol Sport but from what i heard on Saturday they only provide the kit. Worcester (another previous top team) seem to be having the same problem as us.
I'm no expert in the ladies game and I'm only saying what I heard at the game Saturday.

AGS (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 16:31
Looks like we've done as good a job with this as we did when the men's game went professional

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 19:08
Well something is going on... Really disappointing that Bristol Ladies are rapidly regressing.

Maybe questions need to be asked of what Bristol Sport can do for them to stop the rot?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net