rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

2018/19 Recruits
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 13:44
So, it is becoming clear that we will need to strengthen in pretty much all areas in order to make an assault on the Prem next season.

So, based on PLs requirements of EQP and in their 20s, who do we, the collective think will be reasonable and/or realistic targets.

Harry Thacker is apparently a done deal, so who else...

Bring Ben Glynn back?
Jamie Shillock?
Perry Humphreys?

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Re: 2018/19 Recruits
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 14:29
None to all those suggestions.

Thacker will be a good one though. We need a 9. Realistically Baldwin might be available, Mulchrone also. Not sure we will be able to attract a "top" English 9, we will have to look elsewhere, shame TJP signed that contract.

bs11 (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 14:51
Seen Glynn a couple of times on tv this season nothing I've see makes me think we should bring him back.

All at Sea (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 14:54
Why would they come to us? Glynn getting plenty of game time at Quins. Shillcock & Humphreys are 2 of Worcesters best young players, when you consider they're only 3 points behind Irish and Hougard hasn't played a game yet, the chances are they'll still be in the prem next year.

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:31
Anyone know how long Hougard is contracted at Wuss ,he would be worth nicking off them ,although I do agree with all @sea I feel Wuss just might edge the relegation battle and survive again

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:57
Auterac was rumoured and would be good

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 16:08
Personally if we were thinking of former players Marco mama would be out of contract this year and has been decent for wuss before his injury. Well worth a place in the squad to me.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 20:36
I rate Marco but does our back row require strengthening?

Front row is my biggest concern at the moment. How long is Gengey's contract at Tiggers? tongue sticking out smiley

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 21:00
Quote:
Rinkadink
Front row is my biggest concern at the moment. How long is Gengey's contract at Tiggers? tongue sticking out smiley

Could see him fitting in to the premiership capable bracket we want in the backup to first XV. EQP and can play 6,7,8 well. Not a starter but well worth a squad place to me. Would rather him over Crane for example.

AGS (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 01:23
How about Joe Simpson at SH? Seems to have become second choice at Wasps, is EQP, and would fit into our game plan. Signed a contract extension in May 2015 but not seen how long for, so could be available.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 05:36
Quote:
Rinkadink

I assume that the reasons he is playing for Leicester in the first place are still valid, so either he (and his advisors) wouldn’t think it sensible to move back, or if he did, we wouldn’t be getting the focussed version of Ellis that is playing right now

gran (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 06:54
Survival in the first year in the prem is the criterion, so bring in props and scrum half from the Southern hem, forget focussing on eqp's, unless they emerge from our own ranks.

AGS (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 07:53
But if we don't have enough EQPs our player budget is restricted

hooter (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:42
Our player budget is restricted only in as far the money coming from the RFU is reduced if we don’t have enough eqp players in the team, you can still spend up to the salary cap if you can get money from other sources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 11:43 by hooter.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 16:00
So Polota Nau has signed for Leicester. Could add a bit more weight to Harry Thacker coming our way?

Polota Nau - BBC

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net