rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Getting to today's match
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 11:51
Traffic is bad. This is a terrible day and time, please stick to Friday and Sunday with appropriate times Bristol Sport.

Not sure we are going to make kick off.

Re: Getting to today's match
hooter (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 11:59
Came down the m32, far quieter than sunday afternoon. Took us 30 minutes instead of the usual hour. Prefer Friday night's.

robtheh (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 13:04
There was/is a street market going on on North St

foinavon (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 14:35
No problem - delayed and left home only 25 mins before kick-off - easy drive through central Bristol onto Portway and got to Ashton Gate as 2 min silence was starting. Seated with a beer and pasty 1 min into match.

I like the change of a Saturday match - it's good to get home and realize that don't have to go to work tomorrow!

Pretty clinical performance today against the weakest team we've played so far at Ashton Gate.

airdog (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 15:09
once again this post shows for the umpteenth time that whatever day/time is chosen for the match someone will not be happy so dont understand why people keep raising it .
The club is in a no win position

Paulie (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 15:18
There was also a bridge swing about 11.45

bootyblade (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 06:33
Still disagree with Saturday kickoffs. All local and Combination clubs play on Saturday so Bristol Sport not catering for them.
Made yesterdays game but missed 30 mins of Clevedon game.
As a season ticket holder I put my views to Bristol Rugby and was told the change of day was down to a survey,which personally, have ever seen or asked to partake in.
Call me sceptical but it seems that free and discounted tickets appear to given out for the Saturday fixtures to boost attendance figures.
Fridays and Sundays for me.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 08:19
And yet, not so long ago, Bristol always played at 3 pm on a Saturday. That was when we were still a top side and the Combination was even larger.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 08:50
Yes but that is why (having been a huge fan for 12 young years) I then rarely got to watch Bris for 14 years due to me playing Saturday afternoons. Not only did the club lose my money for all those games I missed but over time it also lessoned my 'connection', which (together with wanting to spend the time with my wife and children) is the main reason I rarely go to non-night matches.

Also, had they played Friday night or Sunday then I'd have dragged mates from my club to watch them as well, leading to an increase in real regular supporters.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:39
As someone has said, Bristol will never please everyone. From my own perspective, now that I no longer live in or around Bristol and am the wrong side of being able to play 'regularly', Saturday games are better for me - getting to the Gate on a Friday is nigh on impossible unless I'm 'working from home' beforehand and Sunday's mean I don't get home until late and if working away on the Monday, is again a ball ache. That being said, up until the past 2 years, I'd have been disgruntled as I'd have been playing. I think for some, me included, a smattering of games across all 3 days works as then I can make the effort Friday/Sunday as well as enjoy a Saturday when time isn't so tight.
The main thing is we still support!

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 18:37
I don't care when they play but I would just prefer it if I knew that the games kicked off at 3pm on a Sunday (for example). That way I can warn my family when I'm not around.

I understand that they have to move fixtures for TV etc and I don't mind the occasional Friday night game, but at the moment every game seems to be at a different time which just annoys the wife...

Channel2 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:24
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
And yet, not so long ago, Bristol always played at 3 pm on a Saturday. That was when we were still a top side and the Combination was even larger.

Yep. Probably changed to sundays to accommodate our buddies Bristol Rovers.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:27
Quote:
Bristol Cornish
I don't care when they play but I would just prefer it if I knew that the games kicked off at 3pm on a Sunday (for example). That way I can warn my family when I'm not around.
I understand that they have to move fixtures for TV etc and I don't mind the occasional Friday night game, but at the moment every game seems to be at a different time which just annoys the wife...

If we get promoted games will be all over place both in terms of matchday and kick off times.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:40
Am I the only one who really doesn't give a monkey's when matches are?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:46
No.

Sam C (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:18
No

Arjay (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:23
No

Peter D (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 17:23
No

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:17
No

robtheh (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:25
Nope

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net