rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
todays game
youngone (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 16:57
any reflections on todays game? i couldnt attend today and whilst the twitter feed made it seem a straight forward win I would be interested to hear who performed well and who didnt in the eyes of those who attended.

Re: todays game
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 17:12
Our best performance so far this season and I know plenty will say that is because Roth were weak but our forwards dominated from the start and this provided a good platform for some enterprising play.

Inevitably there were handling errors but generally we were more positive and it was good to see the ball being taken on the run.

Our defence and line speed was good, we drove them back behind their gain line constantly.

All the forwards played well with Jefferies standing out for me.

Sheedy had an excellent game and even kicked a drop goal (I suspect just because we needed the practice). Protheroe made some good breaks but his handling and passing let him down today, perhaps he was trying too hard.

What I did like too was that we varied our game.

Olly (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 17:13
Yep straight forward win would sum it up. Enjoyed the game. The scrum was much improved. Tusi Pisi deserved his Man of the match. But for a few wayward passes the score couldíve been higher and yes there are things to work on but all in all we did what we needed to do which was to get the 5 points. Great to see the the players returning from injury too so all in all no moans from me.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 17:27
Best game of the season by far - pass in passing and running onto passes. Their try came through loss of concentration towards the end after giving away a string of penalties but a very good day in the office

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:00
Olly, Siale Piutau was MOM not Tusi. Nice to see the boys playing for 80 minutes, best of the season so far .

Peter D (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:04
Yes, it was a straightforward win; yes, Rotherham were weak; but yes, it was our best performance of the season so far.

The forwards played as a unit, they controlled scrum, lineout and breakdown. We didn't have that 20 minute period in the game where we doze off and let the opposition gain buns points. Siale Piutau was excellent and, for me, deserved player of the match. Gaston looked sharp of his return. All round much better.

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:35
Interesting today thought that side had a real balance and click.As previously said line speed and first up hits defensively best yet, Titans always going backwards.Talk about (Chalk & Cheese) with our scrummage today compared to a few previous games so much better.If Uren is going to get selected more due to Williams departure then on todays performance I have no concerns .Ealing had a good win today and still only 5 points in it so more of the same please Bris.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 19:34
People go on and on about Exeter and Worcester having risen from the depths (ignoring the fact that both had big money backing). To my mind Roth's two decades in the top two divisions is a much greater achievement. It looks like it is under threat, which is a shame.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 19:54
I can only agree BD. (although this will change the emphasis of this thread.)

Bris Bob - I thought Uren didn't read the game too well and kicked too much.

robtheh (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 22:50
Roth were absolutely dire.
It was our best performance of the season..for what thatís worth!
BD, completely agree. First time in twenty years that I can remember Roth not being competitive, whilst in this league.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 23:50
Personally, I would rate today as the third best performance in the past 3 years! With Worcester and Barf at home last year; as the only meaningful / solid 80 min all round performance to out do it.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 01:10
Unsure if that was the best performance of the season to be honest, we made quite a few errors and left points out there. Some really outstanding stuff at times today though and lots to be positive over; Jefferies was an absolute beast. We are fortunate to retain his services for the next three years. So many good things across the pitch from everyone.

Their try seemed to come from a lapse in concentration from Williams just as he came on, and Protheroe made a few uncharacteristic handling errors plus didn't look to pass on a couple of occasions. Made up for it with some fantastic runs and deft offload later.

Pretty happy that everything went so well with a large shuffle in the team. The systems must be working and bodes well for the future. Think we did our homework on Roth whom we didn't allow a sniff rather than them just being poor. Their line out was probably better than ours and scoring 26 (Was it?) unanswered points before half time probably took the stuffing out of them. Pretty ruthless from us as we didn't let them get back into the game which is likely a first this season. They look like a team low on confidence after a couple of scores which we exploited as you'd expect a decent side to do. Hope they manage to stay up, I believe they can turn things around and are still recovering from whatever happened last season. The Championship will be worse off without them.

BishopBenj (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 08:11
Putting this in perspective: Roth are the bottom team with just 2 points this season, both bonus points. Good show from the team, but they will know this needs to be repeated against the better sides.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 08:39
Not there but was there really 8k there for a lunch time kick off on an international weekend?? That figure will include ST holders not there so how many do people think actually turned up?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:23
No way was there 8k. 6k perhaps

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:26
Yep pretty straight attendance stat I feel South Stand was as busy as seen this season ,1200 free ticket BCFC added to the crowd might have helped

airdog (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:32
apparently 1200 City fans had applied for a free ticket and I suspect a lot did not show up , in the past I have applied for a free ticket for the football but come the match day thought better of it and stayed home .
The dire weather forecast may also put some off .

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:55
Air dog I have just ate a large dose of humble pie re my post on "teams up post"
Roth were weak as you said and for the first time this season our pack dominated

Olly (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:56
Quote:
Jay Jay
Olly, Siale Piutau was MOM not Tusi. Nice to see the boys playing for 80 minutes, best of the season so far .

@#$%& must get my hearing aid sorted :-)

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:22
All we can do is beat what is put in front of us. Today was a job well done. Not brilliant, not perfect but far too good for a poor Rotherham side.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net