rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Fighting Talk ?
airdog (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:54
We can still beat Bristol to title insists Trailfinders , or to be precise Bristol reject Rayn Smid following their win yesterday in front of easily the the smallest crowd in our league of 759 .I would hope comments like will motivate our lads , not that they should need it when we face them in February .
Also in TRP they say Jack Tovey and Will Hurrell will be off at the end of the season . If true I think neither will be a great loss , Tuvs has not been first choice for a long time and Will has not lived up to the promise he showed playing for Donny in the play offs .

Re: Fighting Talk ?
graham t (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:35
Certainly there is now a clear gap between Ealing and ourselves and the rest. We could definitely do with someone turning Ealing over pretty soon because at the moment just a slight blip in our results would put us in trouble.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:48
Has a team gone unbeaten since the Championship's inception?

When was the last time a team went unbeaten in the second tier? Guess it was Quins or Saints?

Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 11:18
Saints went 30-0 in 2007-8, although Newbury came incredibly, and improbably, close to turning them over at Franklin's Gardens. Bruce Reihana remembers it well so there's no danger of any complacency!

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 11:25
We need another side to push us. It helps keep the team sharp for the step up to next year.

My own thinking is that Ealing are more likely to drop the odd bonus point.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 13:08
Quote:
thorpebayexile
We need another side to push us. It helps keep the team sharp for the step up to next year.
My own thinking is that Ealing are more likely to drop the odd bonus point.

I agree - this doesn't allow for complacency to set in. I've been very impressed with ET and they have built a decent squad. However, in regards to them/us, we appear to be getting better. When we faced them last time, we couldn't scrum for toffee and conceded territory easily. Also, our discipline was atrocious (as it has been since th beginning of the season). However, we are slowly getting there and yesterday was a complete a performance as we have seen (yes it was Roth etc). Our forwards were dominant and we smashed everything that moved in defence. But for the only bit of sloppiness, we wouldn't have conceded a try.
We have a 5 point lead and just need to keep winning - whilst I don't believe we will dominate Leedshire like Roth, we should win and win well. ET still have to face some tough teams away which will test their mettle and squad. Be interesting to see how they do at Nottingham away next week who were poor against the blues Friday.
This is still ours to lose and any sound bite from ET suggesting they can beat us should be used to motivate the team and I would hope to see a clinical performance in Feb to put them back in their place - we have the squad and game to do this, just hope we do!!
C'mon Bris!!

Big Dave (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 13:13
Having teams close or not so close to us made no difference to our play off success and failure. Having Donny beat us in the 2nd leg in 2016 didn't help us stay up.

Peter D (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 13:36
Ealing are the best thing that could happen to us - not because they looked even remotely like beating us but because they are on our tails. I hope they continue to match us point for point until we meet again. No opne will be believing it's a done job until we've beaten them again and put a real gap between ourselves and them.

There's no room for com[placency but plenty of grounds for confidence.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 16:53
Quote:
Rinkadink
Has a team gone unbeaten since the Championship's inception?
When was the last time a team went unbeaten in the second tier? Guess it was Quins or Saints?

Quins lost one game - at Exeter. (Just like they will this Sunday!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net