Another day, another rumour
Jay Jay (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:29
Brendan Macken, Wasps centre

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Re: Another day, another rumour
St00 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:48
Centre wasn't an area I felt needed strengthening, assuming we are retaining all of our current centres. (Leuia, Piutau.S, Hurrell, Tovey, Bedlow, Newey, Welsh + Madigan, Pisi and, technically, Palamo)

Or rather I don't see Macken being a big improvement on our current squad.

airdog (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:48
all these rumours are getting really irritating , is it a case of freelance journos having to put out stories to get a fee or perhaps agents or parasites as I see them stirring things up .
I think the definition of a parasite in my dictionary sums them up accurately ..... a hanger on , on a plant or animal that lives on another .

airdog (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:53
st00
latest reports suggest we are not keeping our current centres , Hurrell & Tovey almost certainly off and a question mark against Pisi , as for the others I dont feel any are yet near prem quality .

robtheh (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 11:51
All of these rumours came out in this weeks Rugby Paper. The utterly incompetent hack at the Bristol Post then just drip-feeds them into his articles.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 11:56
OR, we the collective speculate about A N Other on this forum, and within 48 hours... there's an article about him!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

youngone (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:04
I don't think we have a centre that fits what PL wants from a 12 in terms of age and playing style so I suppose it makes sense.

I know its not the popular opinion but I for one love seeing us getting linked with every tom dick and harry. So many signings of ours over the past few years started as rumours and I cant personally remember a time where we were being regularly linked with players of the calibre we are now. The fact we signed CP from Ulster arguably one of the best backs in the game goes to show that none of these rumours are beyond the realms of possibility.

Obviously journalists will never have a full story and will always jump on a quarter of a story but I think it just adds to the excitement of the future of the club but that is just me.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:28
at the point promotion is secured I will imagine that the rumours will only intensify. Whatever happens I can see another close season with lots leaving and lots coming in and with most knowing long before then.

I think the area we will see the most recruitment will be the centres and the front row. Until then enjoy the rumours, it beats having to read about the club almost going out of business which nearly happened 10 years ago.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:39
Whisper has it Harry Thackers signed for you and Will Hurrell is going to Edinburgh

Cotman (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:01
Where was the rumours about CP joining us they missed that big one.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:09
Quote:
Cotman
Where was the rumours about CP joining us they missed that big one.
Also canít remember any before Luatua

Big Dave (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 16:48
There were plenty of rumours before we signed Gav. There were plenty of rumours before Woodward left for Gloucester.

Some rumours come true. Others don't. It doesn't mean that there was not anything in them. Being interested in or responding to reports of who may or may not be signing for Bristol is hardly some kind of crime. I find it a bit weird when people dismiss speculation as "just rumours" as if commenting on them is somehow, well, you know, not the done thing.

I'd rather there were rumours about us strengthening the squad than not, and also if it weren't for rumours about a move to Oxford or a merger with B**h then perhaps either of those things hadn't come out as rumours. They weren't rumours. They were definite plans.

Anyway, the rumours at Worcester running out of money. Denied as just being rumours.

Meanwhile, Worcester are running out of money.

Garym (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 10:01
Quote:
Big Dave
Anyway, the rumours at Worcester running out of money. Denied as just being rumours.

Meanwhile, Worcester are running out of money.

And the evidence for that as truth is where?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:02

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:26
In fairness that isn't evidence of running out of money. It is evidence of wanting to cut your losses because you might run out of money. There's nothing that says Allen has stopped putting money in (although clearly he's like to).

Garym (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 16:46
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
In fairness that isn't evidence of running out of money. It is evidence of wanting to cut your losses because you might run out of money. There's nothing that says Allen has stopped putting money in (although clearly he's like to).

And that is part of the issue with supporters putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. It was even worse on our own board where 2+2 was coming out as 200 and stated as fact (see threads on Worcester moving put of Worcester)

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 13:50
If anything itís evidence that the current owner would spend money now to keep worcester in the top flight where itís value would be higher.

Olly (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 12:37
Is this a done deal then. [url=http://[mobile.twitter.com]]John Afoa[/url]

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net