rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Carnegie game
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 17:11
Anyon know if this match is being shown online at all?

My assumption was that the Friday kickoff was due to TV.....but looking at the Sky schedules on the planner, looks like I was wrong

Re: Carnegie gamev
shhandy (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:35
As far as I can see not on TV, sky wld be only channel showing championship rugby. Shame, it is likely to be a tricky match for us.

Cotman (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:04
I know the England rfu live stream most of the championship matches but I can't find a live streaming list anywhere.

Peter D (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:18
Quote:
Cotman
I know the England rfu live stream most of the championship matches but I can't find a live streaming list anywhere.

They stream one from each round unless Sky are televising one. No idea which it will be this week.

Re: Carnegie game
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 21:22
Only seen the uploads after the fact on YouTube, they need to plan more.

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 22:02
I assume Friday due to internationals on Saturday

Peter D (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 22:06
Always previews the streamed game on the Championship website.

shire73 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 06:56
The LIVE STREAMED game this week via The Championship website / England Rugby Facebook page is the Nottingham v Ealing game on Sunday.

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 07:23
How did you find that out Shire73?

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:48
Shame Bristol canít stream the games themselves.

I would be almost certain they record the games themselves for their analyst dept....and even if not, at a stadium such as headingley, an iPhone with 4g on a tripod would do the job

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:57
If you look at the current state of the ground you can see that a phone might not be in a good position to get useful video:
Webcam

Jimeno (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:01
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Shame Bristol canít stream the games themselves.
I would be almost certain they record the games themselves for their analyst dept....and even if not, at a stadium such as headingley, an iPhone with 4g on a tripod would do the job

They must do. They post the tries on twitter within a few minutes.

airdog (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:06
having witnessed us getting a god hiding up there more than once we must not take it for granted they will be a push over and its not helped by having the likes of Leiua and Piutau missing .
Also our lads I suspect will have to do without the usual amount of support they are used to which often gives away matches the feeling of a home fixture as the supporters club are not running a coach and I imagine few will able to or fancy a 400+ mile car journey given the problems they are sure to encounter on the motorways on a Friday afternoon/evening .

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:33
I'm not going for exactly those reasons. Not to go behind the posts anyway. At least when we played in a redeveloping ground it was done one stand at a time and you could always spectate from the side if you wanted. Then again Leedshire are having to fit in with the Super League season which shows where they stand in the priorities at Headingley. So it's the entire ground knocked down during the season except for a bit at one end. I wonder if that has affected their crowds at all?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:40
Answering my own question: no it doesn't seem to have affected their crowds so far. Mind you their total number so far this season is less than our lowest for a single game. How do clubs survive on gates like these, and even lower, with the risible funding the Championship gets?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 11:40
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Answering my own question: no it doesn't seem to have affected their crowds so far. Mind you their total number so far this season is less than our lowest for a single game. How do clubs survive on gates like these, and even lower, with the risible funding the Championship gets?

They don't.

Rumour a week or so ago was one English club is on the brink and I don't think it's a prem one.

That said how do clubs survive in the third tier? I notice a few there are seeing the Championship as the prem MK2, I can't blame them after reading some posts on other websites where there were supporters of other champ clubs calling for ring fencing of the Championship and retaining promotion to the prem.

To be honest I guess something like that in an inevitability at this point due to the lack of funding. The disparity between the divisions is too great.

shire73 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 14:07
...I tweeted @champrugby & they replied. I was hoping for a live feed of our game...but NO LUCK!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net