rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Platwell House (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 08:30
Do they meet the criteria for entry to top flight? Its just a Sunday morning thought.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 08:33
As far as I'm aware, they have put themselves forward to be audited for promotion - not sure whether they meet the criteria or not. To me, Vallis Way clearly doesn't but would imagine a ground share with someone else would be on the cards until/if they develop.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Cotman (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:49
Quote:
Platwell House
Do they meet the criteria for entry to top flight? Its just a Sunday morning thought.

I guess you're thinking forward to if ealing did finish top but they never meet the criteria would Bristol get promoted if in second spot. The answer is no.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:50
I think last season they were looking at the possibility of a ground share with Brentford FC or someone nearby.



Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 10:04
Like SparkyBris, I believe the plan is to ground share with Brentford whilst the Vallis Way ground is developed to meet Prem criteria, Planning permission has been granted as I understand it.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 11:11
Aren't Lirish due to move in with Brentford? Could get a bit crowded.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 11:14
Brentford Community Stadium.

Brentford FC plan to move from Griffin Park to this new stadium. The following is an extract from Wikipedia.

On 15 August 2016, rugby union club London Irish announced that discussions were ongoing with the borough for a move to the new stadium. Irish currently play in Reading, Berkshire but are hoping to move back to the capital.[8] An amended application to use the stadium for rugby in addition to football was passed on 9 February, 2017. Effectively allowing London Irish to move to the new stadium from its opening season.[9]

Work on the new stadium officially started on 24 March 2017 with site clearance and preliminary works.[10]

In August 2017 it was announced that construction of the stadium would commence in early 2018 subject to a final amendment to the planning application which would also see the capacity drop to 17,250.



Thus, it would appear that it will not be ready for start of 2018-9 season. Although Griffin Park could be used instead.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2017 11:16 by Cidered Abroad.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 11:26
I recall hearing they have permission to develop and obviously own their ground and surrounding area. Think a ground share whilst this was happening is the plan.

Not sure they're ready this season but a few more recruits (and not losing them as they have this season) could see Ealing make a good fist of promotion in a year or two with their considerable backing.

How far they've come from the side we cheered on when they came to the Memorial ground and got pumped by 80ish.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
airdog (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 12:38
as they are not going to finish top the question is purely academic .

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Platwell House (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:15
Quote:
airdog
as they are not going to finish top the question is purely academic .

I love the confidence.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Peter D (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:14
Quote:
airdog
as they are not going to finish top the question is purely academic .

This !

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
airdog (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:37
are you not confident then P.H.? next week we will have beaten every team in the league if Donny`s form is anything to go by and we should if anything get better in the new year so cant see any way Ealing will overtake us , which no doubt will disappoint the 547 people that watched them yesterday .

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 17:56
Quote:
airdog
are you not confident then P.H.? next week we will have beaten every team in the league if Donny`s form is anything to go by and we should if anything get better in the new year so cant see any way Ealing will overtake us , which no doubt will disappoint the 547 people that watched them yesterday .

Would love to share your optimism Airdog. Ealing at Vallis Way is going to be difficult. They're supremely confident on their 3G pitch. One lost game before that game and it could be honours even.

But agree about their crowd size - not sure how they can possibly make a business case for Prem rugby with the crowds they get. Their average home attendance is only just over 700, the lowest in the league. I hope Bris get a good following up there - it'll be pretty easy to outnumber them. Lets make it a home game atmosphere!

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Platwell House (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 18:22
Quote:
airdog
are you not confident then P.H.? next week we will have beaten every team in the league if Donny`s form is anything to go by and we should if anything get better in the new year so cant see any way Ealing will overtake us , which no doubt will disappoint the 547 people that watched them yesterday .
Always confident, just a realist, every win is another step back to the promised land.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
JamboBris (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 19:26
We are coming together nicely. Ealing apart from their scrum looked distinctly average when we played them. Lydon is a great place kicker but Rayn Smid starting every game when fit shows the gap in class between teams.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Rich. (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 09:37
The good thing is that, with our current points, we can afford to lose at Ealing anyway (not that I think we will - we seem to have got much better since the AG game against them and we should be well up for that game)

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Big Dave (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 18:39
If we don't make top spot we want taking outside and shooting. If we fail to finish top it will be a cock up, conspiracy or self inflicted disaster of such monumental proportions that it could defy explanation. Chris Booy was right last season to say that a relegated Bristol would bounce straight back. The abolition of the play offs makes that a near certainty.

There, I said it. I cannot see many, if any circumstances in which I am proved wrong, but I do anticipate allegations of arrogance from some web surfers who seek it out, but the only upside of life in the championship is that they don't bother with us any more, which means I have the confidence to say it again.

Bristol are going straight back up. No one will get close to us.

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 08:41
I'd go one step further and say that I'd be disappointed if we finish the season with anything less than a 100% record

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
airdog (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 10:42
E.O.
I have seen every game we have played there and its always felt like a home fixture and I am sure our usual away support will ensure that continues on February 10th .
That said if at that stage it still looks like a key game perhaps management can be persuaded as the have in the past to lay on free coaches to help make sure the ground is packed with passionate Brizzlers , so come on supporters club please ask the question .

 
Re: Aviva Premiership criteria - Ealing
almostatyke (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 20:40
Quote:
Big Dave
If we don't make top spot we want taking outside and shooting. If we fail to finish top it will be a cock up, conspiracy or self inflicted disaster of such monumental proportions that it could defy explanation. Chris Booy was right last season to say that a relegated Bristol would bounce straight back. The abolition of the play offs makes that a near certainty.
There, I said it. I cannot see many, if any circumstances in which I am proved wrong, but I do anticipate allegations of arrogance from some web surfers who seek it out, but the only upside of life in the championship is that they don't bother with us any more, which means I have the confidence to say it again.

Bristol are going straight back up. No one will get close to us.

Carnegie fan in peace. No arrogance this season you will go up! Looking from Yorkshire, we are not sure what Ealing are at: paying loads on salaries to finish second in front of 500 supporters? Sadly Rotherham, with genuine long-term and community support, but no millionaire backer, are heading in the other direction.
I would like to know if Ealing think they can succeed where angels fear to tread, i.e. the overcrowded West London market.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?