rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

The Party poopers are on their way.
Olly (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 16:48
Just been looking at the league table and thinking to myself Cornish Pirates stats donít look at all bad suggesting that bar a final result or two they should be much higher in the table. Points for and against alone would have them up to 3rd / 4th and we all know those Pirates love nothing more than sinking the mighty Bristol. Shaping up for a good game against dangerous opponents I think.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Re: The Party poopers are on their way.
bris_rob (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 19:59
Olly, I donít think CP have ever Ďsunkí Bristol at home and I donít think it is going to happen this season either. Theyíre always a different proposition at the Mennaye though!

Olly (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 03:09
True and I donít think they will beat us this time either Iím just thinking their position in the league should be higher given their points for and against. I think they will be tough opponents and should provide a stern test and canít be underestimated. Iím Really looking forward to it.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 07:04
Agreed about the stern test Olly.

So far we have passed all the stern tests Ė I believe that 50% of our away fixtures are such and the home match against Ealing. I think PL has instilled a good attitude in the squad and no game is taken lightly Ė even the home fixture v Roth.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 10:16
Pirates got off to a bit of a shaky start. I think their recent form is more indicative of their overall standard. Shouldn't get close to us at home though.

airdog (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 10:43
I agree with Gray and with all due respect to the Pirates we should with the way we are going have no problems at home under the lights for this game .
I hope and expect our " stars " will be rested for the cup games so we should injury permitting be able to field the best available squad which must be the policy in the league til promotion is guaranteed .
Our Pat should by now know who his favoured 22 are and these should feature in the league from now on even if we know or suspect they will be off at the end of the season such as Rhodri who is far and away our best No9 and who I have no doubt will always give his best for our cause .

Graham_U (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 11:05
I have a vague memory that Pirates shocked us at home the season we went up under Hilly? According to Wiki it was
12 February 2005
Bristol Shoguns 11-18 Penzance & Newlyn
Memorial Stadium
Attendance: 5,424
Referee: Mark Wilson

But with the investment on and off the field this season that should not happen again.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Cooombsy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:44
Looking forward to this game to round off a big week at AG and act as the opening salvo of an enjoyable Christmas period. They do like a bonus point mind so it could be a close one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net