rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: The Party poopers are on their way.
Olly (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 03:22
The cost of traveling to and from games is something clubs can do very little about but could undoubtedly do more.. I’ve looked at the price of a train ticket to Penzance on several occasions and thought, sod that. As for your new stadium I was told you were all very happy that the Pirates could at last make progress after years of being held back by poor facilities. Penzance is a long way away from other clubs in the same league especially now Exeter have gone up and Plymouth (sadly) down. The pirates certainly face many challenges and I for one wish them well with the exception of Friday’s game. On a side note When Bristol moved from their home to Ashton Gate it increased my travelling time to the ground from 10 min by bus to over an hour. By car 5 min to on a GOOD day 20 min bad day much much more. You have the distance we have the traffic. But I still go as do the vast majority of Bristol fans.

Just bring on the Rugby.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:13
I'd certainly sympathise with the cost and lack of standing at AG, but the last time I went to the Penzance you could only stand in the corners and at one end, as their were stand on both sides covering and obstructing the decent viewing area. Has it changed else I'm not sure why SJM is getting so pressy about viewing from the end? Despite our request AG is an all seater stadium, and not my favourite but you'd get a far better view from the "cheap" seats than standing anywhere at the Mennaye.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:18
There are side viewing tickets for the same price as behind the posts as I said above. Unsure as to why you're inferring there aren't any affordable side-on tickets at Bris when there are at £21.

For comparison similar seats at the Mennaye cost £25 vs Jersey (more expensive than Bristol) and as far as I can see the West Stand is £18 but is that terrace standing? Hard to tell as your ticket site does a poor job explaining what is where exactly. Even if it's seating it's only £3 cheaper which isn't a huge amount; given the aforementioned difference in new stadium and international squad then I'd say Bristol at Ashton Gate compares most favourably.

Also you seem sceptical that there are over 8000 ticket sales; this has indeed happened AFAIK. Bristol's average attendance this season is more than all the 11 other clubs combined. I too miss the terrace at the Memorial Ground but hopefully Ashton Gate will have safe standing areas in the future. Anyway it's a shame that you haven't decided to make the trip though, maybe this information is useful to others all the same...

Big Dave (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 15:40
I think in the absence of being able to have a go at Andy Robinson Mr/Ms St Just is scrabbling round for other things to moan about Bristol. If there was nothing to criticise in Bristol I suspect she/he would be moaning about Pirates, a team that she/he seems to follow only on the basis of a preference for less than perfect facilities.

St Just Man 1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 23:19
Hello all David I have been busy we're doing turkeys I never said the season ticket holder weren't coming their guests aren't they thought it was too much. I work on a farm I have to work every other weekend and have to do the milking so if the club moved to Truro that's a 66 mile round trip ! At present with a 14:30 KO I can do the 6 miles home and milk 33 miles impossible.
David Redruth aren't amateur either NLS it's simply down to what people can afford surely family come first.
I've never criticised Bristol as a club I simply said after traveling it was too expensive for us?
Olly I have to be practical on rugby I played loose head prop to divisional standard and now family first if it means I can't go so be it !I'm on my second grandchild now I'm 54 we all have different views I also wished you all the best after the game. I just wished people read what I said and I'm 54 6"1" 16 stone balding black/grey hair not a lady that's the Mrs and my two daughters!

21 December, 2017 05:59
I would like to finish by wishing you one and all seasons greetings and a happy and healthy new year and may the best team win.

airdog (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 06:11
we will .

Graham_U (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 10:11
Probably too late now but I noticed on the recent news item on they offy that they are offering group (of 10) bookings for £16 which seems a pretty good deal if you could get these groups of discontents together SJM. Actually this would seems something that all visiting supporters clubs should be aware of.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

23 December, 2017 07:19
The gulf between yourselves and the rest of us was their last night from what I heard and read. We appeared to match you in the pack but as I thought your backs made the real difference. The league is in all honesty over at the top now unless you implode on or off the pitch. It's who goes down with Rotherham is the only real item on the board if truth be told.
As I said the result said it all we fought hard but the gulf in class especially 9-15 told.
As for the future of the premiership I think the money gap is now starting to tell that's not complaining but simple fact of life.
How this can stop the championship from being a virtual one horse race the RU need to examine.
Do you lot think their should be no relegation from the premiership as a man not popular down here Rob Andrew thinks or how do you see the future of this division?
I finish by wishing you one and all seasons greetings.

shhandy (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 09:58
I always enjoy Pirates games & their fans. a lovely ground in Penzance in terms of friendliness and banter. It must be very diffcult for their fans to get to any away games, it must be over 3 hours just to get to the M5. I normally attend our matches down there but this year it was early September, so chickened out due to holiday traffic. I would do the same if I was a pirates fan this Christmas weekend.

Anyway a very enjoyable game last night. Merry Christmas to all.

Olly (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 14:54
All clubs,players and fans must always have something to play for and dreams they’d like to achieve or the game becomes irrelevant. Therefore promotion and relegation is a necessity. Wether your Cornish Pirates or Bristol the aims and targets are one and the same, to reach the very top so Ring fencing is a total no go as far as I am concerned. It just provides more money for the premiership at the expense of the Championship. We must look after all clubs not just those at very the top.
Ref last nights game it was clear to see why so many of the Pirates games have been so close. They faught for everything and never gave up. In fact the score flattered us a little. I can see Cornish climbing the table in the latter stages of the season. Thanks to everyone who made the long journey up to Bristol and to everyone at Pirates here’s wishing you all a very happy Christmas and a successful new year.

Just bring on the Rugby.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:59
Honestly? Double promotion and temporary halt on relegation from the prem for two or three years. Bring championship to 14 teams also and let prem rugby have a say instead of just RFU. Use the parachute payment to pay winners of championship in a £1million+ game with all the hoo ha of playoffs and distribute rest of funds between the rest on a sliding scale.

This gives top championship clubs a couple of years or more to build for a proper fist of the prem with increased funding prior (it has to come from somewhere and the RFU aren't going to), gives more of the league something to play for with a real financial reward for doing more than treading water and will hopefully grow the professional game.

Automatic promotion and relegation after that with maybe one playoff promotion spot up for grabs. Our fellow championship clubs need to step up as well, attendances are appalling and have been in decline for years. It's not just up to the governing body and they need to show they're serious about professionalism as we have. The current state of affairs isn't going to do anyone any good as as much as I an against the idea of ring fencing the above would be a decent solution IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 17:03 by Rinkadink.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net