rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Searle still class, even behind a pack getting dominated!
Bristoleggchaser2 (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 08:37
Even behind a pack that conceded numerous rolling maul tries and a scrum try last night (I was there), Searle showed what a class outfit he is.

I normally only follow Twitter but found out about this forum through a friend. Last night, Searle was at the center of anything good by us. Not only did he orchestrate Hughes' try and then put in a brilliant cross-field kick to set up the second, but he also managed a game that we were always on the back foot in; yet no mention of this on the twitter feed - just video. Which got me thinking: over the past month, Searle has gone from challenging Madigan to now 3rd choice FH. Not only that, when he has played, he gets very little (if any) mention on social media or the match report.

I watched every game in our promotion winning season, when Sheedy was brilliant to take us into the Prem but I do not understand what is going on at the moment. Searle is an attacking threat, with a brilliant pass and a boot which is now (thanks to the game time he enjoyed last year) up to taking on the prem's best!

I hope we haven't lost him as he, as many have alluded to in previous threads, is such a raw talent that could steer any team to the top.

Anyone know if he is still in contract?

Anyway, I look forward to being an avid, positive user of this forum.

Bristol in the blood.

Re: Searle still class, even behind a pack getting dominated!
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 11:18
Can't be having any of that positivity thing! Welcome to the unoffy. smiling smiley

As for Searle I am concerned at the moment. His contract runs outs at the end of this season and we need to resign him ASAP. There is the possibility he doesn't want to stay in which case we should wish him well but I haven't heard any rumours of unhappiness or disquiet. Here's hoping it's all about negotiation and we will hear he's with us for another three years soon!

bs11 (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 16:01
Nice to get a new opinion on here.With regard to Searle his demotion to 3rd choice does have me a little concerned that he hasn't signed a new deal so the coaching staff have decided to gI've Sheedy more game time to develop I hope I'm getting the wrong end of the stick.

mat1 (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 22:55
Inho searle was not great last night his kicking out of hand and from the tee was awful

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 07:07
Quote:
bs11
Nice to get a new opinion on here.With regard to Searle his demotion to 3rd choice does have me a little concerned that he hasn't signed a new deal so the coaching staff have decided to gI've Sheedy more game time to develop I hope I'm getting the wrong end of the stick.

That would be my guess, too.

Searle is expected to leave, so they want to find out if Sheedy is a bona fide #2 to go into a Prem season

Portisteve (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 08:52
Gutted if that is the case

Graham_U (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 17:05
I just assume that as Searle has had a reasonable of game time over the last couple of seasons and Sheedy has not then now that Sheedy is fully fit he is being given a chance. Unless there is a contract issue with Billy on form and previous selection policy I would assume he is second choice FH at the moment.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 22:04
Searle is still an Academy player at the club, hopefully he's still negotiating a better deal (pro contract) or he knows who's coming in January?!..

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 12:23
Unfortunately, I see Billy as a perfect shoe-in at Exeter.

Cornish lad, unsung player, excellent place kicker, loads of potential, cheap(?).

EC Boy (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 15:47
Funny you say that, Herc.

I live in West Devon, a couple of miles from Rob Baxter's home town. That's what all the rugby people around here think. I have zero inside info, but fear we won't know what we had until he's gone.

(Edit - Billy came to us from Albion, just down the road).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/12/2017 15:51 by EC Boy.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 21:00
Yes EC boy, I've got an itchy feeling about that.

Steenson's getting on, Slade might be busy elsewhere (but is a better 12 than 10) as is Devoto so Billy looks a likely prospect.

Mind you Exe will be confused if they have to follow someone who makes backline breaks and doesn't go to ground immediately upon confrontation to allow the forwards to rumble to the 5 metres line.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net