rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Jed McCrory
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 07:40
Seems he may be expressing an interest in taking over Warriors, does anyone know anything about him?

JP

Re: Jed McCrory
robtheh (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 07:46

Faithful_City (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 07:59
thanks I have seen all those, just hoping someone has more info on him or his dealings

JP

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:36
I think those articles are all you really need to know about him! All I can really add is that when I lived in Swindon he was regarded with deep suspicion by the Swindon fans I worked with. I think the telling point is the legal action that gave control of Swindon Town to someone else and the veracity of his evidence. Plus the club took action against him. A serial offender I'm afraid with a track record of promoting ambitious business 'plans' but no means to back them up. I recall he was quite keen on concerts so the pitch at Sixways would suit him.

airdog (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 09:54
concerned for Wuss or Bris robtheh , frankly I have no interest whatsoever in what goes on at sixways , I cannot see any way given where we are on and off the field whereby they will ever pose a serious threat to us , many others will of course but not Wuss .

RJC (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 10:21
I think he meant concerned for Wuss if they were to start dealing with this guy.

I think that this has a big impact on the whole of Rugby Union in England if this guy takes over, as to me he'll be the first owner that will truly look at trying to make a rugby club a cash cow, or as a means to an end to make a football club a cash cow.

The only difference between him and Lansdown, is that Lansdown cares for the clubs involved and is investing heavily into both Rugby and Football. SL wants to drive Bristol Sport forward for the benefit of himself, the club, city and the supporters.

I've seen little evidence that Jed will be doing the same.

robtheh (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 10:49
Yeah, I'm not concerned for us with regard to this guy, or indeed by any threat posed by Worcester.
Just concerned for their fans: can you imagine if this guy was looking at our club, with his track record?!

I do believe he was linked with Rovers before Higgs sold up.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 17:24
Just been on the Wuss site and saw this;

Quote:
Powick Eastander
Also needs to stay with in the bounds of libel and defamation law.
This forum is under scrutiny so please keep all comments legal and relevant with regards to this subject or any other for that matter. What is written here is seen in the eyes of the law as the same as in any other media. It is in the public domain so therefore posters are subject to laws regarding libel and defamation.

Sportnetwork received a formal complaint about the previous thread of the same subject, the first we have had since I took over as moderator. I decided to take down the thread as a whole and will do so again if we have any further issues and ban the posters who are responsible.

Above was in a thread regarding Jed so I'm guessing the complaint was from the man himself or someone acting upon his behalf. Adds credence to the reported interest IMO. Small aside I don't believe forum/BB postings can be regarded as libel anyway.

Given the reaction of Swindon fans and the reported court case I would not be happy with this if I were a Wuss supporter. Why would they sell to this guy and not Griffiths too?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 18:38
They certainly can be regarded as defamatory and libellous.

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 19:35
Oops, better check back through your back catalogue Rinky! smiling smiley

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 21:06
Quote:
Rich.
Oops, better check back through your back catalogue Rinky! smiling smiley

You know me too well. :']]

dudleywarrior88 (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 11:28
Quote:
airdog
concerned for Wuss or Bris robtheh , frankly I have no interest whatsoever in what goes on at sixways , I cannot see any way given where we are on and off the field whereby they will ever pose a serious threat to us , many others will of course but not Wuss .

I think the outcome of what happens to us is very important to you, arguably we have improved since last year and the standard of the premiership has moved on, I will assume Bristol will come up stronger having signed some quality players but as we know the premiership is full of quality players and you guys should be hoping to finish above us in 11th, if we make a mess of everything then it makes that 11th a easier target otherwise it will be a scrap for 11th between us and you, hopefully though Worcester can get it together and move up the table!

Olly (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 11:41
From a playing point of view what happens at Worcester is irrelevant to us. Clearly what we at Bristol achieve is much more important. What is relevant is what happens to Worcester rugby club. most people I know want Worcester to survive in the Premiership. Its a great club and deserves to find somebody who can secure its future.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

dudleywarrior88 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 10:04
likewise Bristol, what frustrates me is and lets be honest, the pointless season your having in the championship, I would rather you be in the premiership battling us

Peter D (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:23
So would we - but that's not how it works. We weren't good enough for the Prem, so we're in the Championship. I remain hopeful that we will be much better equipped - and prepared - for the Prem next season, but time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 12:24 by Peter D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net