rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Concessions
Allthetimeref (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 22:29
After this many seasons at Ashton Gate, you would think the concession staff and organisers would have more of a clue how to organise themselves to cater for the number of rugby fans wanting beer and snacks...... The queues to be served are always long, they haven't figured out that maybe if they poured a whole bunch of lager, cider and beer, they'd only have to take the cash and hand over the pints to the patrons..... Hope someone fron Bristol sports is reading this and can finally fix this fiasco.

Re: Concessions
EC Boy (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 22:35
Yep, I thought it was a cracking game too. No wait, let's moan about not being able to stuff our faces and get trolleyed.

We're an odd lot sometimes!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 23:14
Lansdown was awful... 25 minutes to get a drink before the match and only 2/3 bars open.

Sorry but that's not good enough. OP is right to complain.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 23:36
Trick is to have a couple in the pub pre match ...watch the game and then grab a pint in the pub on the way home. A bit cheaper, no queues and you get to see ALL of the game. Happy Xmas !

paulwg (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 23:38
Agree with irritations concerning refreshments. Yes a cracking nights rugby but the total experience is marred by amateur attempts to fuel and water the masses. Needs a big step-up before (hopefully) 11000+ supporters is the norm.
Cannot be beyond the wit of a decent hospitality manager to sort it!?

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 23:39
hoopsy. nail on the head.

bartman! (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 08:27
Yes Hoopsy, we have been doing the same all season.

The bigger problem this had last night was the consent interruption of having people wanting to go backward and forward pass you whilst trying to watch the match sitting down. Missed two try's in-fact because of this.
You get the people trying to carry the four pints in a cardboard holder or attempting to juggle three 2 pint jugs stopping in-front of you so THEY can watch whats happening making sure you miss out (along with trying to not get the spillage from said contents poured onto you)! Then ten minutes later the same people then want to pass by again to go to the toilet (Sm31)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 10:07 by bartman!.

airdog (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 09:17
I have commented many times about how the selfish actions of the minority who are there for the beer not the sport spoil the enjoyment of the majority who are there to enjoy a game of rugby and can manage to do so without swilling beer and the inevitable trips to the toilet that result .Sadly though nothings going to change given the money involved .
It concerns me that with a crowd last night of 11,000 it was very difficult to move through the concourse before kick off so what will it be like next season when some games we hope will see crowds double that in number , surely a genuine health and safety concern .
I would be interested to hear from those on here that also watch City how things are different for the football.

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 10:35
Just a note my memories of getting a beer at the Memorial Ground were no better .In the Blackthorn end you usually got back 10 mins into the second half with you refreshment.Personally think its not to bad (South Stand Bars).

robtheh (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 10:38
I believe that Bristol Sport took the catering/hospitality etc away from the outside company who’d been doing it for years and made an in-house affair.
Last season they’d just started to cotton on to pre-poured pints, and that’s now totally gone, seemingly.
Need to wake up a bit about it!!

bartman! (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 11:09
Also noticed that some concessions stands were not open, very strange knowing you had 11.000 + attendance (Sm55)

Thorney (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 11:09
Last night was as bad as I have experienced at the new stadium, including the play off final when at least 40% more were served by fewer bars prior to the opening of the Lansdown. Part of the reason for people disturbing others during the match must be due to them having taken an age to be served before the match or at half time, or deciding to "refuel" during play to avoid the long wait. Last night I joined a line in the Lansdown at 7.20 and was still a minute late getting to my seat. They must know how many to expect and prepare accordingly. Last night for example, one problem was at least two beers running out while I was waiting with no apparent plan or responsibility for changing the barrels, with the result that the whole operation ground to a halt for a few minutes while a debate took place on who needed to do what. Hardly rocket science to sort out. This must also be hitting their takings so there is a commercial incentive to get it right. Even the tents at the Wreck are more efficient!!

AGS (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 12:24
I'm guessing that part of the problem is the turnover of staff- I've rarely seen the same people serving in the bars from one game to the next. They're always trying to recruit new people. As a result, they don't know how best to run the bars (pre-pouring, etc) and often serve the wrong food. I wonder if the reason so many bars were closed last night was that they simply didn't have the staff?

gran (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 13:20
It's brexit. All the bar staff have gone home.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:22
Quote:
bartman!
Yes Hoopsy, we have been doing the same all season.
The bigger problem this had last night was the consent interruption of having people wanting to go backward and forward pass you whilst trying to watch the match sitting down. Missed two try's in-fact because of this.
You get the people trying to carry the four pints in a cardboard holder or attempting to juggle three 2 pint jugs stopping in-front of you so THEY can watch whats happening making sure you miss out (along with trying to not get the spillage from said contents poured onto you)! Then ten minutes later the same people then want to pass by again to go to the toilet (Sm31)

Hear bl00dy hear!!

It's worse on a Friday night when everyone's doing their best to get bladdered.

I propose a drink free block in each stand for those who don't want to be constantly inconvenienced by thoughtless drinkers/urinators.

Start with Dolman E32(Sm14)

Rugbyashtongate (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 20:25
Quote:
Allthetimeref
After this many seasons at Ashton Gate, you would think the concession staff and organisers would have more of a clue how to organise themselves to cater for the number of rugby fans wanting beer and snacks...... The queues to be served are always long, they haven't figured out that maybe if they poured a whole bunch of lager, cider and beer, they'd only have to take the cash and hand over the pints to the patrons..... Hope someone fron Bristol sports is reading this and can finally fix this fiasco.

Hello after reading this I would like to pick up some points raised as I work at Ashton Gate in the concessions.

With rugby as well as football, a pre pour is always done. We will have a very small pre pour out when the gates open then will raise the numbers of pre pour when it gets busier.
With all fixtures in rugby and football this year a half time pre pour will be done whilst you are enjoying the game.
However, on the 22nd there was no let up at kick off and anything getting poured was taken straight away.

To the logistical side - For example, butcombe is the biggest seller for rugby. Now each concession has two pumps which can pour a pint in roughly 20 seconds. So in a concession we can pour two pints every 20 seconds. Now rugby fans drink a lot more than football fans (fact) most fans were ordering drinks from 4-17 a time!!! Now if you multiply this by how many tills there are in each concession that can be a minimum of 24 pints at one time. If you do the maths we are fighting a losing battle.

We are looking to get Multi Dispense units which can pour 12 pints a time which would then help.

The staff here work very very hard and get some very very aggressive comments which is not on.

The amount of beer we can pre pour at half time to have on the side ready is 150 pints if we do not have a constant queue when the game is on.

It seemed on the 22nd a lot of the crowd were more interested in drinking when the game was on instead of watching the game hence never being able to catch up to do a pre pour.

If anyone would like to view how we "manage a concession" on a game day please pm as I would love to show what goes into a match day.

Slaphead (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 20:49
Criticising customers is not productive. Equally, spending a day in our shoes will help you get an insight onto what it's like to be a customer. We generate revenue for Bristol Sport, by not providing enough beer, Bristol Rugby is missing out.

bofb (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:00
I think that Rugbyashtongate has given a good few insights in to what the logistics that involved are - I don't see any criticism but statements of facts - many people are rude, many people order large number of drinks, many people are interested in downing as much as they can instead of watching rugby.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:03
Use the pubs before the game and afte they need the money more than Bristol Sportr. Engage with your new(ish) home and help spread the gospel During the game all constant drinkers do is @#$%& off many spectators with their comings and going.

bofb (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:06
Perhaps what Bristol Rugby should be looking in terms of money chucked away is the number of people that buy a ticket for an area of the ground that is cheaper than the area they subsequently sit - no checks by stewards and easy to get away with.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net