rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

The South Stand
Brizzlonian (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:30
Now we are firmly settled into our stadium, wouldn't it be nice if it felt more like 'home'. Currently at Ashton Gate there are three stands named after important people in the history of Bristol City (and, well Steve Lansdown is now part of our history i guess), but that leaves the South Stand without a name attached to it. Hypothetically speaking of course, if it was to be named after a person indelibly linked to the history of our club, who would people choose?

Mark Tainton?
David Lemi?
Steven Luatua?
Alan Morley?
John Pullin?
John Blake?
Lee Robinson?

Re: The South Stand
Dieselpup (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:37
Augustine Pichot ?????

gran (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:38
John pullin. The most capped England international at that time. Captained England to away wins against the AB's and south Africa.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 21:12
That end was named after Bristol Citys most capped England international. To be honest I dont know how difficult it would be to name the stands according to the game being played. I would say though that the two main stands should stay as they are as those gents paid for them.

Peter D (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 21:25
John Pullin would get my vote too. Although to be honest I see no reason why they shouldn't have different branding/dedication for football and rugby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net