rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Potential Srum Half?
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:19
While reading about Quade Cooper being kicked out of Super Rugby (don't think we should go there) it mentions 25 year old capped no. 9 Nick Frisby is also being shown the door. Could he be the answer?

Cooper Article

Re: Potential Srum Half?
AGS (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:09
Still hoping we've signed Joe Simpson from Wasps

Re: Potential Scrum Half?
LA Angel (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:37
Found myself mulling over our scrum half situation a fair bit over the festive period, and I reckon we need two new recruits to fulfil Pat Lams vision of 3-4 players in each position with one being World Class, one Premiership class and 1-2 young EQP.

Would love Simpson to come to Bris and now Dan Robson has overtaken Simpson as No1 at the pests he might want a change of scenery.

Down the road at Exeter both Will Chudley and Stu Townsends contracts are up at the end of this season and following the arrival of Nic White, there must be a chance of one of them moving on.

Danny Care is another name that has been mentioned on the wish list, but a more realistic option from Quins would be Ian Prior who has signed on a short term deal from Western Force.

With Irish almost certainly set for the drop Scott Steele will probably be keen to stay in the prem when his contract expires at the end of this season and could compete with A Uren to be our No 2.

Looking further afield Glasgow seem to be awash with quality Scrum halves and I wonder if Henry Pyrgos could be prised away, even though is contract runs until 2019?

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:54
Watched start of Glasgow Edinburgh game today and commentator said that Sam Hidalgo-Clyne rumoured to be coming to Bristol. Another one to add to the mix.

bs11 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:56
I'd be looking at Hidalgo-Clean young player with alot of potential.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:31
Hidalgo-Clyne is class and with the right guidance could become a superstar of the the game.

Fingers crossed this rumour comes off...

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:48
Followed by Madigan, Mitch Eadie and Jack Cosgrove on Instagram. Pretty much a done deal on that basis!

val1 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:09
Not necessarily. SHC and Mitch played for Scotland under 20s at the same time and Cosgrove was an Edinburgh player (and Scotland under 20) before going to Wuss so they could just all be mates.

Madigan's connection - no idea - they may just have got to know each other through the Pro12.

I'd be pleased if it were true but I'm not counting on it ...yet.

Worthwhile noting however that the rumour on the Edinburgh site was that SHC was due to make a decision on his future by Christmas so something may be announced soon.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 18:14
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Cullen, he looked pretty sharp in the pre-season games I saw...

robtheh (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:54
Quote:
Whagwan
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Cullen, he looked pretty sharp in the pre-season games I saw...

Iíd be with you on that, if it werenít for the fact that Iíve seen the quality of his service from 9...heís a work in progress!!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:10
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Whagwan

Iíd be with you on that, if it werenít for the fact that Iíve seen the quality of his service from 9...heís a work in progress!!

It's not as if our other 9s have impeccable service though. Williams being top of that by some way but don't speak to him about charge downs. yawning smiley

Has Cullen featured in any games at all of late?

Graham_U (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:25
I've not seen all Cullen's games so be interesting to know if that a one off Rob. In the games I have seen when he has come off the bench, his service has been OK, no worst that the guy he has replaced, and he has brought speed and urgency to the game that had improved team performances, and from that I would say he deserves more chances.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

robtheh (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:36
It was indeed only one game. Agree with you all about the rest of our 9's service.
For me, we need as a minimum world-class 1,2,3,5,7,9,11/14,15. And more strength in depth.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 12:49
Quote:
robtheh
It was indeed only one game. Agree with you all about the rest of our 9's service.
For me, we need as a minimum world-class 1,2,3,5,7,9,11/14,15. And more strength in depth.

Piutau and Morahan plenty good enough for me. Top drawer 8 would add to the list too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net