rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 5 of 11

Re: Lam's Squad Vision
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 18:51
Thanks both, updated.
Are people finding this thread useful to track announcements or not so much?

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:01
Very useful to me. Thanks for doing it.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:13
Sorry just noticed Gompels too. Only signed until end of this season!

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:45
Thanks Jambo, updated. I’ll keep going just for you then. (Sm128)

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:49
Very useful, thanks. Please bump when you update it too.

smiling smiley

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:15
Quote:
Since 1888
Thanks Jambo, updated. I’ll keep going just for you then. (Sm128)

Cheers! Really interesting seeing how different our squad is shaping up!

cuddles (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 21:35
3 Ealing boys on their way, Tighthead Thiede, back 3 Daniels, centre / winger O’Conor

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:16
Updated with Bevington latest

JamboBris (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:24
Assuming the rumoured forwards arrive from Jersey/Bedford and Ealing in the front 3, this shows we are desperate for signings in the back 3 for next season at present! Depth at 9 centre looking a little thin too. Would like one top drawer lock as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2018 15:26 by JamboBris.

RJC (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:51
I can only presume that Hidalgo-Clyne is on his way (no proof), but Wuss announced Du Preez shortly after it was announced he was leaving Edinburgh, and there is a lot of chatter about Weir.

So I presume that SHC is waiting on the outcome of something out of his control (promotion/Relegation?)

Portisteve (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 16:42
we need a winger desperately too. Lemi is unfortunately too old for a full season, and Tom Varndell seems to be out of favour and with his contract up at the end of the season is probably not going to be around.

T J (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:06
Squad is a long way short of Prem quality as it stands. If the BEP is correct in stating the latest round of signings are “squad” players that doesn’t appear to be changing any time soon.

Worried at the moment TBH.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:04
1888, firstly I want to say that I'm a big fan of this thread!

I'm sure that you'll be on it shortly, but you need to scrub Varndell off the list.

Can I also suggest you move Leiua from Outside Centre to Wing, as think PL views him as Jack Nowell esque winger.

I also think Jack Lam should be moved on your list from blindside to open or No 8. Personally I think in recent times he has played better at 8 than 7 and I was tempted to start a separate thread on the makeup of our best back row - personally I would go with 6. Lautua, 7. Thomas 8. Lam; although I'm sure many on here would keep Lautua at 8 like yourself.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 21:36
Thanks LA Angel, I’ve updated Varndell as the language used by Pat says in all but name he will be gone.
Agree about Leiua being a winger although Nowell might have to hit the roids to get to Leiua’s size! (Sm100)
Not sure about the back row make up though as I like Lautua at 8 to influence the game more. After Sunday I’m really confused in what position is best for Lam junior. He seems a bit lost at the moment and only noticed him for a big hit in the second half. Might be being unfair a tad but something’s not right with him.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 08:35
I haven't see Jack Lam have a good game for at least 2 years probably longer. Can't see him in being anywhere near our first choice backrow

M9sbh (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:27
I’d have Haining above Crane.
I think they should let Crane go to free up some of the salary cap. I no longer see him as Prem class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 09:30 by M9sbh.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:38
Jack Lam looked outstanding for Samoa against Scotland (at least I think it was Scotland, might have been someone else) and has been nothing like that either immediately before or subsequently. I don't mean he's looked bad just, I don't know, 'subdued'. Is that the right word? There's something wrong there but I have no idea what.

EalOne (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:17
If Luke Daniels is joining he can fill in at Full back, and centre or wing. a well respected player at Ealing and puts in 100% graft every time he pulls on a shirt. 30+ tries in 50 appearances and can kick too. Ealings loss is Bristol's gain in my opinion.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 17:29
Nice of you to be nice EalOne, any ideas of who you will be replacing them with? Wonder if Lemi or Jack Wallace would be good options for you as they could be available?

Field marshall (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:16
I think Lams ability to play 6, 7 or 8 makes him perfect bench material. We need to see Luatua at 8.

Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net