rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Re: Lam's Squad Vision
Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:23
has Ross McMillan been written off? Nobody has mentioned him!

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:32
I didn't think Tonga and McMillan were contracted next season so assumed we would let them go, I'll add back in if re-signed though.
Don't agree about Jefferies Rob as he isn't the international Lam is looking for but will be a Prem regular at either blindside or lock (I prefer him on the blindside).

The jury is out for me on Uren, I like him but not sure he will be the reliable Prem quality 9 we need on the bench next year, hence why no.3 in his position.
Varndell I understand the split opinion but for me he did well last season and can do so again plus with Morahan and C. Piatau I'm not sure we need to be spending loads of cap on another top winger. Although appreciate Tom won't be cheap!

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:07
Quote:
Since 1888
I didn't think Tonga and McMillan were contracted next season so assumed we would let them go,

Lemi, Varndell and Edwards have not re-signed as far as I'm aware, but they are on your squad list. For consistency, maybe they need to be excluded for now.. I can't believe there wont be more re-signing though

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:10
Fair shout amended now. As per Tonga and McMillan, I'll add back in if re-signed.

Also added in list of out of contract players plus known leavers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 18:19 by Since 1888.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:35
Giltrow out of contract. Crumpton, Cortes and O'Connell all out of contract too unless they extended again after the link below.

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:44
Thanks Jambo, duly edited. Looking rather thinner now! Hope Crumpton & Cortes stay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 19:47 by Since 1888.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 20:28
Yep front row looks weak to put it mildly.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 11:17
Hope O'connell is kept on as well. He has not had much game time in the last two season, but last season when he finally got picked he seemed to look comfortable at the prem level, as he had at the Champ level the season before when he played most of the season. So not sure why he is not given more chances recently unless it reflects the need for bigger front row to counter what has appeared this season to be a very under powered pack in the scrum.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 11:50
Jeez, the squad looks thin when you look at it that way.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 12:26
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Jeez, the squad looks thin when you look at it that way.

Certainly does.

But I wonder what other Prem squads would look like looked at that way.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 16:36
Updated with todayís Signings craziness. Iíve got 3 hookers in the 2 slot but canít imagine we are signing a number 1 slot player after today?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 16:46
Lam mentions thacker also playing back row in his bit so he's probably going to play in both. Might explain also being in for Matu'u? Also think Stirzaker here to start probably.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 16:50
Yeah agree on Stirzaker but as heís not a capped player he fits the no.2 slot. I think we will see another no.9 signing before the seasons done. Would like another 10 too as Sheedy or Eden arenít starting 10ís in the Prem should Madigan get injured. Unless Pisi gets another year of course!

AGS (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 16:54
Dawe in the process of converting to TH

flatpat (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:41

Field marshall (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 18:12
Sheedy and Eden will be fine as back up 10's in the prem just as Searle was, we won't be signing another one. Considering the riches we now have in the back row, I'd be amazed to see Thacker playing there.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 18:30
Changes made, thanks flatpat.

I disagree FM, big risk relying on 2 inexperienced in top flight 10ís in IMO the most important position on the field.
We were lucky last season that Searle could step up but I donít want to be bemoaning not staying up again due to missing kicks etc.

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 18:42
Unless Tusi Pisi re signs then we would have to recruit another flyhalf. One of the positions where you need 4 players in squad ie. 2 injuries and your stuck. Maybe a centre that could play 10 as a direct replacement for Pisi but would like us to keep Tusi for another season

memnoch (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:30
Since 1888 you are missing Ryan Edwardsoff your list. He is listed on the image from flatpat

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:36
Thanks Memnoch, added in now.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net