Just noticed that Ollie Dawe is not listed in the squad on the offy

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Re: Lam's Squad Vision
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 12:17
Good point Graham - that's a bit worrying. He is Academy though but, even so, other Academy lads are listed.

elegia (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 12:58
he's in the senior academy list

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2011/7/13/1310579502636/New-Order-left-to-right-G-007.jpg

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:11
Quote:
Pool_falcon
Ah cool, clears things up a bit....you might sneak them all in yet winking smiley
Good luck for the coming season anyway.

Stirzaker is also English qualified.

Think we should be fine.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:23
Mind you, who would have had Ben Glynn as a fairly regular starter for Quins or Genge for Tigers or JFR for saints?

None of which are top 6 clubs

BigO (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:59
Quote:
elegia
he's in the senior academy list

Pretty sure Dawes' contract is up at the end of this season: [www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Would be staggered if he were to move on, but stranger things have happened.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 11:17
The list on the offy includes a number of academy lads and I would have thought Ollie was senior enough to be mentioned if staying. I had heard SL has decree we should do everything to keep the academy products, but to be fair Ollie, like Billy, is an import and not really a product.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 16:37
I'm concerned about Ollie too. The offy squad list shows 2 TH and 3 LH props confirmed for next year.

If the rumour is true about us signing the 4 Championship players, that will give us another 3 props (1 TH and 2 LH).

Tom Lindsay Hooker Bedford
Lewis Theide TH Prop Ealing
Jake Woolmore LH Prop Jersey
Jake Armstrong LH Prop Jersey

Ollie is also a LH prop, which would make 6 Looseheads for next season. Is that too many?

I'm also of the view that, as with Billy, if he doesn't want to commit to Bris for whatever reason he's better moving on. Maybe it's the RFU influence (if you want to play for England, sign for a top 6 side)

Olly (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 17:25
Probably using the same agent as Billy.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 20:46
Quote:
None of which are top 6 clubs
So? We aren't going to be a top 6 club for a good few seasons either and I'm far from convinced that the new signings are any better than a good many who we have lost.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 18:48
EO: the only hope is Ollie has been trying his luck at TH so could be lined up for that side of the scrum, but I fear not.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

24 January, 2018 21:36
I'm sure somebody on this thread (I believe) stated that Ollie was moving to TH from LH

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 22:18
According to the James Lay short term signing article on the offy, Lam considers Dawe a tight head.

Tight Head Cover

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2018 22:19 by Since 1888.

RJC (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 22:25
Both Bristol Rugby and Bristol Post list Dawe as a TH

Bristol Rugby is a bit more tenuous. The list him as a LH, but then in this article they comment only Faletau and Dawe are fit, so they must acknowledge the switch.
[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Bristol Post go a step further with the quote and say tight head before mentioning Dawe.
[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Hereís hoping

Graham_U (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 09:41
not surprising RJC as he has been covering TH on the Bench in recent matches. But most of his time with us he has been playing as a loose head when in the first team squad. Either side the real question is can we keep him?

Graham

C'mon Bris,

dpw (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 10:00
Update by PL on Billy Searle....

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

dpw

Graham_U (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 10:14
Interesting point about Luatua bringing on Jefferies, no doubt a great role model. Its the same reason Robbo made about bringing Crane to bring on Eaddie. Hope it doesn't lead to the same result. Although I think Jefferies had already made his fantastic development steps before Luatua joined us, whereas this season has looked more like consolidation than major improvement.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:29
Updated for Crumpton to Quins. I wonder if he didnít see eye to eye with the coaches? Odd letting him go with our current hooker situation.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:53
Gendall also out of contract and not listed on the squad for next year.

05 February, 2018 16:48
TRP reporting Soane Tonga'uiha potentially back to Bedford Blues to see out his career as family still live there.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net